By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Update* New Mario Kart 8 details/coverage is HERE!!! <(^o^<)

That gif... amazing.

This game will be... wait for it... legendary! :D

Around the Network

Unfortunately it seems that Nintendo keeps appealing to the impatient gamer by adding these "sections" to one of the most classic, longer levels in the series - in addition to making all longer retro levels relatively short compared to their original forms. I was also really looking forward to utilizing the GamePad's second screen so that the TV wouldn't need to be split, so having this feature basically confirmed not being implemented is a huge bummer.

Now, with the negative sides out of the way: Holy crap pile those visuals. Easily the most beautiful game I have ever seen. I also like how you can't carry more than one item at a time, and the developer's comment that luck won't be the main deciding factor for whoever wins the race. (Less blue shells confirmed?)

Can't wait to play this title.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Unfortunately it seems that Nintendo keeps appealing to the impatient gamer by adding these "sections" to one of the most classic, longer levels in the series - in addition to making all longer retro levels relatively short compared to their original forms.

One of the previewers says the exact opposite.

Saying when doing head to head comparison, that the courses were sometimes longer than the originals.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Ah school... and they say it's important while I miss stuff like this

The tracks look sweet though, also Toad's Turnpike and Royal Raceway? Freaking awesome! some of my favourites.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

_crazy_man_ said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Unfortunately it seems that Nintendo keeps appealing to the impatient gamer by adding these "sections" to one of the most classic, longer levels in the series - in addition to making all longer retro levels relatively short compared to their original forms.

Saying when doing head to head comparison, that the courses were sometimes longer than the originals.

Key words are bolded.

Look at Toad's Turnpike and Royal Raceway and you will see that the levels are a lot shorter. While the short SNES levels have been made longer since there are only three laps now as opposed to five. The Wii level shown is hard to compare since the kart in Mario Kart 8 moved a lot slower; possibly suggesting a cc difference.

Around the Network
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
_crazy_man_ said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Key words are bolded.

Look at Toad's Turnpike and Peach's Circuit and you will see that the levels are a lot shorter. While the short SNES levels have been made longer since there are only three laps now as opposed to five. The Wii level shown is hard to compare since the kart in Mario Kart 8 moved a lot slower; possibly suggesting a cc difference.

Ok, I thought you were saying they were all shorter.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

People can call the Wii U "underpowered" all they like, but games like this are beautiful enough for me!

Conegamer said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Dem grafix doe

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. The difference between this and MKWii is huge:

Looking back at it now that looks pretty gross lol

That is truly beautiful.

The difference between moo moo farm wii and wii u o my gawd

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.