By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Update* New Mario Kart 8 details/coverage is HERE!!! <(^o^<)

Einsam_Delphin said:

They rushed Mario Kart 7 so it could release in time for the holidays, but that's not the case this time around which I'm happy about!

Rushed? Perhaps, though I'm pretty sure implementing a SP VS mode would not have taken very long to do. O_o

Around the Network

So you still can hold a banana or a turtle shell behind you, but you can't pick up another item while doing it. Same thing for triple items. Sounds reasonable to me. Hopefully you don't have to hold the item button all the time.

Does this has Adventure mode just like Crash Team racing? Hoping sony could bring back CTR back again for PS4/Vita, otherwise i have to get Wii U(when it comes to 200$)  just for this game to play with friends.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Player2 said:

So you still can hold a banana or a turtle shell behind you, but you can't pick up another item while doing it. Same thing for triple items. Sounds reasonable to me. Hopefully you don't have to hold the item button all the time.

You did in previous titles, I'm expecting more of the same here.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

My body is ready XD

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
Looks really good so far. I wonder if it will get a 90+ Metascore!

Probably will, looks like pure quality from top to bottom

*drools* Even with off-screen footage this game looks AMAZING

This gets better and better. Only 8 weeks now!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

So the biggest revelation from today was definitely the whole one item at a time thing. Not sure how I feel about that honestly. Seems like 3x Red Shell will be even more OP especially since 3x Banana rotates around the Kart. And while on the topic of items, I really don't like how you can get coins from item boxes, not while the Blooper is also an item still, since neither of them do much really. But enough skepticism, there's so many other positives here! My main man Lakitu is back, and I absolutely love what they did to all the retro tracks! ^_^

Even though the Wii U isn't performing great, Nintendo IPs in HD resolution + a full generational leap above the GCN/Wii/3DS that we've been used to for the past 10+ years is such a godsend.

Looks great, so does DKC and Mario 3D World.