By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Update* New Mario Kart 8 details/coverage is HERE!!! <(^o^<)

IGN's video format is true 60 fps, I'd watch that.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

They even touched on the topic of the level creator and why it's not in the game. And all I gathered from it is that they're afraid to be shown up by fans.

forethought14 said:
I certainly hope I didn't mistakenly see that N64 Rainbow Road was one lap split into sections....... (I'd like to race through the entire thing 3 times plz!!!)

Yes they ruined Rainbow Road 64 =(

Mystro-Sama said:

They even touched on the topic of the level creator and why it's not in the game. And all I gathered from it is that they're afraid to be shown up by fans.

Too late =P

Mario Kart Wii's hacked custom tracks often pushed some awesome stuff out with the limitations they had

Wow, that really does look good. I knew it would, but still...

The wait until the end of Maya will be even longer now.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
forethought14 said:
I certainly hope I didn't mistakenly see that N64 Rainbow Road was one lap split into sections....... (I'd like to race through the entire thing 3 times plz!!!)

It was either that or they cut pieces of the track away, as 5+ minutes is much too long for one race. And if you wanna race on it 3 times, go ahead, no one's gonna stop you lol.

Lookin' good.

My experience with Mario Kart begins and ends at 64. You can imagine how I felt when the Rainbow Road music kicked in.

^ Also you guys IGN has a video of the entire Rainbow road track. Fear not, it has three laps.

the_dengle said:

Lookin' good.

My experience with Mario Kart begins and ends at 64. You can imagine how I felt when the Rainbow Road music kicked in.

^ Also you guys IGN has a video of the entire Rainbow road track. Fear not, it has three laps.

Ah, how long did the whole race take? Despite the vast improvements, I'm still not sure I wanna sit through this track for 5 minutes.

ktay95 said:

Yes they ruined Rainbow Road 64 =(

And the fact that the track looks more fun than it did in the N64, I kinda wanna play through all that 5 minutes of track.

Einsam_Delphin said:

It was either that or they cut pieces of the track away, as 5+ minutes is much too long for one race. And if you wanna race on it 3 times, go ahead, no one's gonna stop you lol.

But now it's like 2 minutes, won't be able to enjoy the pretty visuals or the music to their entirety. And if I don't wanna play online, I don't wanna go through all of the lightning cup 3 times in GP just for that, I'm not desperate for that! (unless they add single player VS mode or something, which they unfortunately got rid of in MK7). They must add customizable lap amounts.....or bust!  

the_dengle said:

I watched the vid, it's split into 3 sections, roughly 2 and a half minutes total. . (holding onto a small glimmer of hope that it's that short only because it's not a "retail" version O_o )

Yeah just saw the vid for myself and it's definitely section based, which is a good thing!