By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Update* New Mario Kart 8 details/coverage is HERE!!! <(^o^<)

Einsam_Delphin said:
Yeah just saw the vid for myself and it's definitely section based, which is a good thing!

Nothing you say about Mario Kart ever makes sense =P

Seriously though how is that good, the track is amazing so you should want to playit for a long time. Also with the shortness of it you cant have a lot of crazy comebacks =(

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Yeah just saw the vid for myself and it's definitely section based, which is a good thing!

Nonsense, it's a disasturrrr!!!! .............................

....then again, considering how ONE lap was roughly 2 and a half minutes, 3 laps would likely be even longer than playing 3 laps on the N64 version.....but still, an option for VS or online should still be there!

forethought14 said:
ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

It was either that or they cut pieces of the track away, as 5+ minutes is much too long for one race. And if you wanna race on it 3 times, go ahead, no one's gonna stop you lol.

But now it's like 2 minutes, won't be able to enjoy the pretty visuals or the music to their entirety. And if I don't wanna play online, I don't wanna go through all of the lightning cup 3 times in GP just for that, I'm not desperate for that! (unless they add single player VS mode or something, which they unfortunately got rid of in MK7). They must add customizable lap amounts.....or bust!  

the_dengle said:

I don't see how you wont be able to enjoy it, unless you're telling me you always close your eyes and shut your ears on the first lap? xP
Also they'll definitely fully feature this game, plus there's always time trials!

ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Seriously though how is that good, the track is amazing so you should want to playit for a long time. Also with the shortness of it you cant have a lot of crazy comebacks =(

The track is cool now, but it's original incarnation was god awful. I'm sure I've gone on about this before! :L
Also, two and a half minutes is the average amount of time a race takes.

Looks really good so far. I wonder if it will get a 90+ Metascore!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

I don't see how you wont be able to enjoy it, unless you're telling me you always close your eyes and shut your ears on the first lap? xP
Also they'll definitely fully feature this game, plus there's always time trials!

But....time trials is boring when you don't care about getting the best time in anything. Need all the chaos of the 12 racers, online or offline to fully enjoy a track! . 2 and a half minutes for a Rainbow Road track is too short!! 

They'll probably fully-feature the game like MKWii, though I wonder what caused them to remove single-player VS mode in MK7 in the first place.... O_o . I liked playing SP VS mode in MKWii and DS whenever I didn't feel like playing online.

Einsam_Delphin said:
ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

The track is cool now, but it's original incarnation was god awful. I'm sure I've gone on about this before! :L

But but but... NO!!!

The track looks fucking awesome but 1 lap is total BS

Oh man are those paracjutes on royalraceway

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

forethought14 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

But....time trials is boring when you don't care about getting the best time in anything. Need all the chaos of the 12 racers, online or offline to fully enjoy a track! . 2 and a half minutes for a Rainbow Road track is too short!! 

They'll probably fully-feature the game like MKWii, though I wonder what caused them to remove single-player VS mode in MK7 in the first place.... O_o . I liked playing SP VS mode in MKWii and DS whenever I didn't feel like playing online.

They rushed Mario Kart 7 so it could release in time for the holidays, but that's not the case this time around which I'm happy about!

ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
ktay95 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

But but but... NO!!!

The track looks fucking awesome but 1 lap is total BS

Good for me, sux for you!