By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Adam Sessler Leaving As A Video Game Journalist

shikamaru317 said:
EB1994 said:

It's too bad that Adam DOES have a gaming PC ever since 2008,

http://youtu.be/0iQ7HBIZMjY?t=6m48s

And let's just say, hypothetically, he didn't have a gaming PC. Why would he say 1080P games were essential for next gen if he had no idea as to what 1080P looked like? You think he was just guessing? Give me a break lol.

He rarely uses it though, I've only seen him review a small handful of PC games, and most of those were indies, which don't push graphics limits usually. 

That's exactly what I'm saying, he'd barely seen any 1080p games before that and he heard other journalists saying that it was an essential next-gen feature and he copied them, such things happen in the games industry all the time, plenty of journalists borrow ideas from each other, speeds up the writing process. It took seeing Ryse in person at 900p to realize he was wrong, notice that he didn't post the resolutiongate video until right after Microsoft's press event where he saw Ryse live and thought it was 1080p when it wasn't. It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and he did just that.

First you say he doesn't have a gaming PC, and now you're telling me he rarely uses it? He just said he's played Crysis and the Witcher on the god damn video and you're telling me he mostly plays indies. Oh my god dude I'm done with you. You're telling me a person who is paid to play video games had never seen a 1080P game in their life. even when they have had a gaming PC since 2008? 

Please, just stop. 

Around the Network

EB1994 said:

As I said, they could have easily purchased a 10$ HDMI splitter if it mattered that much to them. Youtubers like Whiteboy did that, how do you think they got 1080P PS4 gameplay footage day 1?

The DHCP talk was a bad excuse... he reviewed PS3 and 360 without never compain about.

But when MS said that Xbone won't have DHCP then it started to be an issue for him... it is the same case of the 1080p... he change what he thinks to support his brand.

That sucks...I only subscribed to Rev3Games because of Adam...I miss XPlay. Wonder what he is off to do now.

Make it So.

Sessler lacks consistency. He'll give a glowing review to games and score them 4/5, but like on his Titanfall review, he'll point out several issues he has with the game yet still score it 5/5.

If his reviews were more consistent then maybe people wouldn't bash him about his obvious bias. He has great literary skills, but he's a joke of a video game journalist.

shikamaru317 said:
EB1994 said:

First you say he doesn't have a gaming PC, and now you're telling me he rarely uses it? He just said he's played Crysis and the Witcher on the god damn video and you're telling me he mostly plays indies. Oh my god dude I'm done with you. You're telling me a person who is paid to play video games had never seen a 1080P game in their life. even when they have had a gaming PC since 2008? 

Please, just stop. 

Never said never, I said rarely. He's never been a PC gamer, why do you think the reviews he posts have footage from the 360 or PS3 versions of multiplat games instead of hte PC version, when most people use the PC versions so their videos have prettier graphics. He does play on PC, he's been doing game playthroughs with Anthony Carboni on Rev3Games on PC for sometime. But the fact that he's played games in 1080p on PC doesn't mean that he can spot the difference between 1080p and a lower resolution. I know I can't tell the difference between 900p and 1080p and apparenlty he couldn't either, which is why he initially mistook Ryse for 1080p.

Just because he posts PS3/360 footage doesn't mean he doesn't play PC games. Do you know him personally? You're making assumptions based on nothing.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
spemanig said:
"...the time feels right to explore new avenues inside of gaming that help further the medium."

Ugh. He's more pretentious than Ken Levine.

Lol was not a pretentious statement. 

...It wasn't.

So, he'll get a job as an actual journalist?

I'm sorry GamrReview team, but this joke was too easy and somehow not said.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I grew up with Adam Sessler being one of the few journalists/TV hosts I liked, oh and Morgan Webb. What is she up to anyway?

he will be replace by morgan webb...

Ever since I "discovered" him and rev3games I've enjoyed his reviews. Sure, not all his reviews have been perfect, but you can't agree with everyone. What this hopefully means is that re3games are starting to review Nintendo games! That's what I've missed the most from them...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.