By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Adam Sessler Leaving As A Video Game Journalist

shikamaru317 said:
Justagamer said:
In short, sony fans: he was a crappy journalist, and I hated him. The rest of us: damn, thats too bad.... lol

That's the truth of it. The sad thing is that he was never biased against Sony like they think, hell, he gave The Last of Us a perfect score and said it had some of the best multiplayer of any game he's played. 

The sad truth is that you are generalizing a fan base. That's the sad truth, and I feel very sorry for you.

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:
Justagamer said:
In short, sony fans: he was a crappy journalist, and I hated him. The rest of us: damn, thats too bad.... lol

I'm Sony fan and i don't hate him. I think, as far as presentation goes, he is one of the best reviewers out there. He also has an obvious Microsoft Bias, his Titanfall review is the most recent example. Points out multiple flaws, then gives it a perfect score. Also the whole "resolutiongate" flip flopping. Sometimes he's an asshat.

I didnt mean 100% of sony fans, just a large majority of them. Im a a sony fan, i never had a problem with the guy... but im a fan of the big 3, all of them. Go to the n4g article about it, and look at the reactions by the people there. N4g is sony fan central, and it just goes with what i said. Sony fans are the ones who hated, or atleast, disliked him very much... all because they heavily favor one platform.... i find it funny, people calling sessler a ms fanboy, when those people are the ones who are the very definition of fanboy. Just my 2 cents worth... if its even worth 2 cents.

Justagamer said:
FIT_Gamer said:
Justagamer said:

I'm Sony fan and i don't hate him. I think, as far as presentation goes, he is one of the best reviewers out there. He also has an obvious Microsoft Bias, his Titanfall review is the most recent example. Points out multiple flaws, then gives it a perfect score. Also the whole "resolutiongate" flip flopping. Sometimes he's an asshat.

I didnt mean 100% of sony fans, just a large majority of them. Im a a sony fan, i never had a problem with the guy... but im a fan of the big 3, all of them. Go to the n4g article about it, and look at the reactions by the people there. N4g is sony fan central, and it just goes with what i said. Sony fans are the ones who hated, or atleast, disliked him very much... all because they heavily favor one platform.... i find it funny, people calling sessler a ms fanboy, when those people are the ones who are the very definition of fanboy. Just my 2 cents worth... if its even worth 2 cents.

LOL! You didn't mean 100% sony fans? Then why the hell would you include the "the rest of us" part? You are implying that ALL Sony fans were saying he was a crappy journalist, just own up to it.

Adam was a littly whiny brat who would complain every single time things didn't go his way. Reminds me of my 6 year old little brother.

shikamaru317 said:
EB1994 said:
shikamaru317 said:
Justagamer said:

That's the truth of it. The sad thing is that he was never biased against Sony like they think, hell, he gave The Last of Us a perfect score and said it had some of the best multiplayer of any game he's played. 

The sad truth is that you are generalizing a fan base. That's the sad truth, and I feel very sorry for you.

Generalizing? So far I've seen about 10 different Sony fans post negative comments about Sessler in this thread. It's obvious that many Sony fans don't like him. So how am I generalizing? I realize that not all Sony fans dislike him, but that doesn't change the fact that many Sony fans dislike him, and without good cause if they think he was biased against Sony. 

10?!?! Oh my god you are too funny. Your hatred for Sony is incredible. Keep up the good work, and continue with the hyperbole.

shikamaru317 said:
FIT_Gamer said:
Justagamer said:

You have to understand the way that Adam Sessler scores games, a 5/5 doesn't necessarily mean the game is perfect for him, he doesn't give half star scores, which is why he gave it a 5/5 despite having issues with it, he also gave The Last of Us a 5/5 despite having issues with it. As for the resolutiongate I still think he was right, there are far more important things that gamers should be concerned about than resolution.

I think the point is that he didn't change his mind til it was quite obvious the One wasn't going to have a 1080p standard like the PS4, which reeks of bias.  To be fair, though, many Xbox fans were the same way.  Bashing the Wii U for its lack of power, but then making excuses for the One's lack of power once it finally launched.  Some could be seen as legitmate (if you take out the price point), like "games are fun no matter what resolution they are in."  Some quite comical, like "you can't even tell the difference unless you have a HUGE TV."

As far as the review goes, I think most take it like he saw another opportunity to boost his fave console brand.  There are obvious flaws in Titanfall and Forza 5, some he even points out, yet they both received 5s.  That may not mean 100% perfect, but it sure as heck means the game is pretty close to it in its respective genre.  Really, the only One game I have seen him shit on was Ryse, but hey, everyone was doing it.

Around the Network
EB1994 said:
Justagamer said:
FIT_Gamer said:
Justagamer said:

LOL! You didn't mean 100% sony fans? Then why the hell would you include the "the rest of us" part? You are implying that ALL Sony fans were saying he was a crappy journalist, just own up to it.

Adam was a littly whiny brat who would complain every single time things didn't go his way. Reminds me of my 6 year old little brother.

Well one thing is for sure, youre not making much of a case against what i said. Relax a little, it goes a long way. And next time ill put, most sony fans.... so its clearer. Go to n4g, aka: sony central, and read what those fans are saying about it.... then tell me im wrong.... the ones hating are sony fans over there. No big deal, just the way it looks from here.

i didnt know of this guy till his GOW Ascension bullshit. haven't heard from him since then tho. So I guess

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Justagamer said:
EB1994 said:
Justagamer said:

Well one thing is for sure, youre not making much of a case against what i said. Relax a little, it goes a long way. And next time ill put, most sony fans.... so its clearer. Go to n4g, aka: sony central, and read what those fans are saying about it.... then tell me im wrong.... the ones hating are sony fans over there. No big deal, just the way it looks from here.

No shit everyone knows N4G is Sony central, but you're talking about one site. I even went back and read the comments and MOST of the negative ones come from nintendo fanbse.

shikamaru317 said:
EB1994 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Generalizing? So far I've seen about 10 different Sony fans post negative comments about Sessler in this thread. It's obvious that many Sony fans don't like him. So how am I generalizing? I realize that not all Sony fans dislike him, but that doesn't change the fact that many Sony fans dislike him, and without good cause if they think he was biased against Sony. 

10?!?! Oh my god you are too funny. Your hatred for Sony is incredible. Keep up the good work, and continue with the hyperbole.

Yes, around 10, maybe even more, go through and count the negative Sessler comments, many of which come from people with Sony related material in their signatures (as well as known Sony fans like Ethomaz who don't currently have Sony related material in their sigs). I'm really not sure how you got Sony hate from what I said, I'm a multiplat gamer and while Sony may be my least favorite, that's far from hating them, I wouldn't have a PS2 on my shelf if I hated them. 

Go read the comments yourself, as I already did and can confidently say you're wrong. Do yourself a favor and go back to read the posts.

EB1994 said:
Justagamer said:
EB1994 said:
Justagamer said:

No shit everyone knows N4G is Sony central, but you're talking about one site. I even went back and read the comments and MOST of the negative ones come from nintendo fanbse.

Ok, whatever you say. I have no dog in this fight..... i primarily game on my ps4, so i myself am a sony fan, im just not a fanBOY. Theres a difference. To me, its pretty clear tbat the n4g responces are from sony fans... i read a ton of them complaining about him being stupid for giving second son a 3/5.... A nintendo fan wont give two fucks about that.... but whatever you say... nintendo fans are apperently very upset with sesslers apperent bias against sony..... yeah......