By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tales of Vesperia confirmed for 360 and US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are we counting ever egg before it hatches, Diomedes? How many franchise JRPGs has the X360 got thus far? Tales would be the first major JRPG on the X360 that is actually in a franchise. The rest have been from big names, and teams, but never established IPs.

With LO supposedly selling fairly well this week in the US (and from what I've heard, sold out in some areas), maybe the X360 has a shot at moving alot of good JRPGs like what ToV will have.

About my g/fs 8 y/o niece - she's actually pretty big on RPGs. She owns KH 1/2, Dragon Quest 8, and now got a X360 for ES. So it's not like she liked it for just one reason.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Zucas said:

What a waste of money haha. PS3 or Wii or PSP or DS would have been a much better choice. Oh well Namco.

But that's the financial side. As a 360 owner, good news for a very limited library.

Lol, in fact, the Xbox 360 has more JRPG's than any other current-gen console, and the only ones PS3 has (other than the craptastic Folklore) are 360 ports.

Folklore is actually really good. Have you even played it? It has the same rating on gamerankings.com as LO. Or is LO 'craptastic' too. 

Also you are talking out of your arse. Disgaea 3 is a PS3 exclusive. There are others but I can't remember what they are called. 

Diomedes1976 said:
Namco is a bit short-sighted ...by doing this kind of things they are upseting japanese gamers and ruining their own name .They are putting their franchises in the shadow .When the PS3 versions appear the game is already old and doesnt provoque excitement and the 360 version sells like crap from the word go....a good way to put a shadow over your franchises .

Guees they think fast money is better that keeping the name of their intellectual property in their main territory .

Did Capcom piss everyone off when they released RE4 on gamecube first then PS2? did that in any way hurt RE4 sales? I bought a gamecube for that game alone and sold it right after I was done with it. I didn't cry about it to capcom or hate nintendo for making me buy their system.

Disolitude, its nice to meet another poster that actually buys a console for the games they want. Thankfully the PS3 owners I know in real life and on other forums aren't the bunch of whiny, hypocritical babies that most of the PS3 owners on this forum seem to be.

I will preface a thought are PS3 owners actually the type of players that like role playing games? I have a hard time imagining any player that actually likes the genre would be happy with the PS3 platform. I find it hard to imagine that any fan would gladly fast for well over a year while eating only the occasional 360 scrap. That is what bothers me about these arguments its assumed that the PS3 is somehow a better role playing user base in spite of the fact that these people bought the console in spite of it not having any major games in the genre. What is really rich about these debates is that they take place with a discreet lack of empirical evidence. The PS3 is the worse console for role playing games. Compare the sales of Enchanted Arms and Oblivion on these respective platforms. That is about all there is for role playing games on the PS3, but if for some odd reason you want to include Folklore that title doesn't stand up against the likes of Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, or Eternal Sonata. The evidence is there those who own a 360 do buy role playing games. Meanwhile the PS3 has very little, and the platform sells very little. Basically if you say the platform has three role playing games it still hasn't sold over a million role playing games. The genre accounts for an attach rate of less then ten percent. Meanwhile the 360 has sold over five million role playing titles without having twice the user base. The console has achieved an attach rate of over thirty percents in regards to the genre. That is what a thriving role playing community should look like. Before you try to wave the JRPG stick I will point out that when it comes to that the 360 only looks more impressive not less. The 360 globally is approaching a five percent attach rate for that specific genre. While the PS3 only shows just over one percent of attach rate. There isn't any proof that the 360 is a poor console for role playing games, or that the user base is not interested in them. Meanwhile there is ample proof that this is exactly the case with the PS3. So we return to the original question is there any reason to believe that PS3 owners actually even like role playing games. Were I Square I would actually be worried. Basically it is a blind assumption that the PS3 user base will come through, and there aren't any facts to actually bare that out.

Around the Network

@makingmusic476

I can cite a number of historical Sony acquisitions that were less then beneficent. Yes Sony has run developers into the ground, dissolved studios, and fired off staff in mass. They are no different then Electronic Arts save one small detail. Sony doesn't necessarily go after good developers. Often enough they go after small developers with questionable talent. Those are cheaper to get, and if they don't turn out for the best. Well you didn't spend a lot in the first place.

I still recall the Sigil termination incident of little less then a year ago. Sony didn't even have the decency to do it themselves. Before they took control of the company they had the previous management fire people off. Which Sony was more then happy to hire back. Can you see the money saving potential in that situation? They even terminated them in mass out in the parking lot. That is pretty cold hearted. Sure its a technicality that Sony didn't do it themselves but they pushed the buttons.

Every PS3 fanboy on this site needs to read Dodece's post about the PS3's rpg reception. It is very accurate, and very telling.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

The fact is that most fans of "Tales Of" games are Japanese. And it's clear that the 360 is dead in Japan. If MS has paid for the game to be exclusive, then it would only piss a lots of Japanese Tales fans off.

@dodece

why would it be odd to include Folklore as a PS3 RPG? It has similar score on gamerankings as Blue Dragon, LO and Eternal Sonata.

Darc Requiem said:
Disolitude, its nice to meet another poster that actually buys a console for the games they want. Thankfully the PS3 owners I know in real life and on other forums aren't the bunch of whiny, hypocritical babies that most of the PS3 owners on this forum seem to be.

LOL. Well put my friend.

I would porobably be a whiny baby too if i was a hardcore Sony fanboy found on this site and I had to stand in line for 3 hours on launch day only to hear PS3 is sold out and then have to buy it on ebay for twice the price...only to have Sony do a 100 dollar price cut in less than a year and not release more than 5 games worth playing in the meantime.

I figure I will wait until these "amazingly exclusive" games come out before I buy one and save the world of my whining.