By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tales of Vesperia confirmed for 360 and US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ari_Gold said:
Soriku said:
Ari_Gold said:
Yet Another Quality JRPG coming to the Xbox 360, Looks Better than ToS:KoR

ToS: KoR will outsell this, though.

which is a shame 

Either you played both games OR you made a dumb ignorant post.

The "PS3 or 360 meter" tilted a bit towards 360 with this news, Lost Odyssee and the FF13 delay rumours. 

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Did you notice the fact they said that they aren't even working on a PS3 version?

So all of those that want ToV on PS3 should expect to wait absolutely no less than 6 months.

Eternal Sonata's US localisation wasn't too bad as far as I understand, so maybe ToV will be the same way. ToV is probably one of my most-anticipated titles for the year, as I will buy it day one, and so will my girlfriend's 8 year old niece that bought an Xbox 360 souly for Eternal Sonata.

And for those that whine about the X360 not being a good system for JRPGs: Prove otherwise. What RPG has been a massive succuess on either the Wii or PS3 thus far? Last time I checked, neither system have RPGs. It's people like ookaze that keep the X360 from selling JRPGs, as they're waiting for crap to come out on their blessed system rather than buying the system that *gasp* has the best lineup of RPGs, which is obviously the X360 right now.

None of the RPGs on PS3 or Wii hat are out now or will be out within the next few months are all that hyped. There are indeed a few high profile JRPGs for one system or the other that people for waiting for including White Knight Chronicles, Final Fantasy XIII, The Last Remnant(I know it is also for the Xbox360), and Tales of Symphonia sequel

Riachu - and thats the issue I take. The X360 obviously is the leading console for it's massive RPG lineup. Both the PS3 and Wii have had crap for RPGs thus far.

I am certainly interested in the exclusive ones coming like WKS, FFXIII and ToS, but they aren't dated as far as I know, and the X360 has quite a few exclusives still in the pipeline for this year alone.

Very very glad I made my decision to buy a X360 @ launch for JRPGs. I knew MS would moneyhat JRPGs this genre, and I was right.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Meh, I'll just stick to my original plan. Wait until the next Final Fantasies come to the PS3, and buy the system, and all the RPGs at once.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

It's amazing the difference between the original Xbox and the Xbox 360 when it comes to JRPGs. Did the first one have any?

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Did you notice the fact they said that they aren't even working on a PS3 version?

So all of those that want ToV on PS3 should expect to wait absolutely no less than 6 months.

Eternal Sonata's US localisation wasn't too bad as far as I understand, so maybe ToV will be the same way. ToV is probably one of my most-anticipated titles for the year, as I will buy it day one, and so will my girlfriend's 8 year old niece that bought an Xbox 360 souly for Eternal Sonata.

And for those that whine about the X360 not being a good system for JRPGs: Prove otherwise. What RPG has been a massive succuess on either the Wii or PS3 thus far? Last time I checked, neither system have RPGs. It's people like ookaze that keep the X360 from selling JRPGs, as they're waiting for crap to come out on their blessed system rather than buying the system that *gasp* has the best lineup of RPGs, which is obviously the X360 right now.

As long as ToV gest out on PS3, waiting is no problem to me, and I guess to a lot of japanese players too.

To understand how far the XB360 is from the JRPG mindset, you had to quote your niece which is 8 year old as someone that anticipate the release of this game. Which is plain pathetic. Adding to that that someone that buy a XB360 solely for Eternal Sonata would boggle the mind of most XB360 owners.

And even if I didn't say the XB360 is not a good system for JRPG (which doesn't make sense), it clearly does not  have the market for these types of games. They would have to be heavily "westernized" to be successful outside Japan, and then lose their JRPG appeal.

And there is no need to prove anything, the facts are there. DQ Swords, a spin-off of DQ on the lowly Wii, has sold more in Japan than all the JRPG for the XB360 combined. And I hope I have no need to prove that this game cost a fraction of what one of these XB360 games cost to make. Massive success is not needed, not every game is a Final Fantasy or a Dragon Quest, but when you claim to fight these powerhouse and put so much money in the challengers, to reach this situation, well, what is more to prove.

And contrary to the nonsense, which I was debunking before the launch of these games in NA, and according to my beliefs before the launch of these games in NA or Europe, the West didn't fill the money hole that these games were. It's not magic either, I have very japanese tastes for several things, and my gut feelings are usually very accurate, or at least in line with japanese tastes.

Of course, putting its head in a hole like saying "Last time I checked, neither system have RPGs" won't change the fact that both Wii and PS3 have JRPG, and that at least Wii ones sold more than XB360 ones.

Like I and a lot of people thought, Lost Odyssey, being heavily "westernized" JRPG, flopped in Japan (especially given its production value), and sell better than the others in NA. Unfortunately, that's why I don't like this game, at all.

Saying that it's people that don't own the XB360 that prevent  XB360 owners from buying JRPG is plain silly, at best. Plucking its head in a hole by saying that XB360 has the best JRPG lineup is even more nonsense. Calling games on other systems crap based on nothing, oh except perhaps graphics (because you know, they're not HD graphics, like it's important in a JRPG), is fanboyish at best, especially when the games are not even released yet.

Surely to me, XB360 is far from having the best JRPG lineup. Very far! Perhaps that's a delusion that comes from the fact that XB360 had 1 year headstart, and heavily moneyhatted Mistwalker.

If you didn't realize, everything I said before related to JRPG and XB360 has come true. Even the fact that Mistwalker is now considered a poor brand for JRPG, they completely destroyed their brand. While a company like Level 5 can now sell most of its games on just its name.

I'm a JRPG gamer mostly, this is most of what I play, and the constant hyperbole surrounding XB360 nearly fooled me once (Trusty Bell), but it won't ever succeed to fool me. The writing is on the wall. This year, the Wii will take back the lead in JRPG numbers, just like I predicted. There are a ton of JRPG to be released on Wii and PS3 this year. The only lead XB360 had was thanks to its 1 year headstart.

Even ToV is on XB360 thanks to that, not because it is the best choice for this game. And yes, it makes me sad (well, not really, it's just for emphasis) to see a typically japanese game sent to die on a console whose owners don't care about the genre, when they're not just bashing it left and right.

What I don't get it that there're people here complaining because it's not releasing at the same time on their console yet you don't see 360 owners in the Sony forum for example complaining about JRPGs like Valkyrie of the Battlefield. Be happy with the games you have on your system instead of jealous of the games 360 has coming to it.

Tales of Vesperia is also coming to the PS3. Just not at the same time since Tales of Vesperia is a timed exclusive.

So, it works in the same manner as Eternal Sonata.

If anyone already said that I dont care. I'm not going to go back and read all that crap.

Ask me how to turn a Rottweiler in to a Dodongo and I'll tell you the story of a lifetime.

Legend11 said:
What I don't get it that there're people here complaining because it's not releasing at the same time on their console yet you don't see 360 owners in the Sony forum for example complaining about jrpgs like Valkyrie of the Battlefield. Be happy with the games you have on your system instead of jealous of the games 360 has coming to it.

The Nintendo Wii and Playstation 3's JRPG library is non-existent, and given the nature of these forums, you have to expect the people who support those console to troll the 360. The only thing you can really do is hope MrStickball puts a stop to it, because no one else will. People are going to be jealous of the 360's games, as they're far better than the games coming out for the other consoles. There's no point in even wasting your time. We 360 owners actually have RPG's to play, so I suggest we play them instead of fighting off worthless trolls.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

the PS3 is getting 3 high profile JRPGs(though one of them is also 360) and a couple of smaller ones and the Wii will getting Tales of Symphonia sequel and Opoona(one high profile, one unknown) and you could count Dragon Quest swords but that is more of an on-rails action game with lite RPG elements