By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tales of Vesperia confirmed for 360 and US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@makingmusic476

Did someone forget to give you the memo? Thats like the dirtiest little secret of the console wars. That is like kryptonite to a Sony fanatic it saps their strength and steals their super human powers of perception. They are in complete denial on that particular subject. Yes Sony does that, and yes the way they do it makes Electronic Arts look like damned saints. Anyway if you bring it up the very statement seems to become a blank spot in their memory. They will ignore it entirely so I just don't even bother mentioning it anymore. That said its less about serving their library rather then double dipping for themselves. The same way that Nintendo does.

@Sky Render

I am thinking more along the lines of market expansion rather then market stagnation. These franchises need to get outside of their domestic markets and generate greater global appeal. Obviously its not a conservative way to do business, but then again you can return to conservative six months later with a port, and if its a success, and you establish a new customer base outside of your local market that is a powerful resource. Would be interesting to see if Microsoft can move the Tales series in North America.

Around the Network
Dodece said:
@makingmusic476

Did someone forget to give you the memo? Thats like the dirtiest little secret of the console wars. That is like kryptonite to a Sony fanatic it saps their strength and steals their super human powers of perception. They are in complete denial on that particular subject. Yes Sony does that, and yes the way they do it makes Electronic Arts look like damned saints. Anyway if you bring it up the very statement seems to become a blank spot in their memory. They will ignore it entirely so I just don't even bother mentioning it anymore. That said its less about serving their library rather then double dipping for themselves. The same way that Nintendo does.

@Sky Render

I am thinking more along the lines of market expansion rather then market stagnation. These franchises need to get outside of their domestic markets and generate greater global appeal. Obviously its not a conservative way to do business, but then again you can return to conservative six months later with a port, and if its a success, and you establish a new customer base outside of your local market that is a powerful resource. Would be interesting to see if Microsoft can move the Tales series in North America.

Worse than EA? That's pretty harsh. Sony actually keeps development studios intact after purchasing them, and spurs a creative environment, allowing them to create games far superior to what they had been able to previously. It's because of Sony that Ninja Theory went from creating Kung Fu Chaos to creating Heavenly Sword, and it is because of Sony that Guerrilla Games now has the resources to create a game as visually stunning as Killzone 2 (and hopefully the gameplay will be similarly improved over it's predecessor). Is Sony doing this for their own personal gain? Hell yes, but it benefits the gamers and dev studios far more than anything EA does.

Also, you say that Sony fanboys tend to ignore the fact that Sony buys exclusives, yet you seem to be quite content to also ignore that fact to support your own arguments. Does that make you any better than the blind Sony fanboys?

I'm really surprised that Namco greenlit this considering the nature of Tales games - definitely moneyhats involved in here. PS3 and/or Wii version is definitely coming eventually. I just wonder how Japan feels about this. They already had to pick up a Gamecube for Symphonia (only for it to get ported later), they've really been getting the shaft in that respect and they may refuse to buy Vesperia: even the few that probably would have bought the console just for it like with the Gamecube.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Namco is stupid. This will only piss Japanese gamers off again. I bet they will lose most fan of the Tales series.

outlawauron said:
Ari_Gold said:
steven787 said:
Just for the record, Eternal Sonata is confirmed for PS3.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/820/820146p1.html

just for the record this is a ToV thread

I think he was responding to an earlier post to see if Eternal Sonata was coming to PS3 or not.

You would be correct outlawauron, but I think he was just having a nasty reaction to any "good news" for any system other than his 360.

To quote Ari from this thread... "i just hate fanboyism. but yeah, i see you were smart enough to admit the wii's weak lineup so XOXO :)"

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

All I see in this topic is "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE(etc)!!!!"

Seriously though, Microsoft needs help in japan and are paying for exclusives. What part of that don't you people understand?
They won't have to pay for Call of Duty 5...however Nintendo may have to fork out some big cash for it if they want it on their console. And all you douches will applaud Nintendo for getting the job done, where Microsoft is corrupting Japanese gamers and their unborn children with their lies and deceit in your eyes doing the same thing.

disolitude said:
All I see in this topic is "RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE(etc)!!!!"

Seriously though, Microsoft needs help in japan and are paying for exclusives. What part of that don't you people understand?
They won't have to pay for Call of Duty 5...however Nintendo may have to fork out some big cash for it if they want it on their console. And all you douches will applaud Nintendo for getting the job done, where Microsoft is corrupting Japanese gamers and their unborn children with their lies and deceit in your eyes doing the same thing.

Talk abou rabble...

In all honesty I am not so sure if MS paid for this one or not, and I don't know if Nintendo paid for COD5.

ToV is being marketed for an american audiences and the Japanese Hard Core Gamers. Those numbers in that link don't look so bad for a niche console in Japan.

^ I don't think you understood my post clearly and the levels of sarcasm in it.

disolitude said:
^ I don't think you understood my post clearly and the levels of sarcasm in it.

I think I got it, you are saying that when MS pays for exclusives that VGChartz goers complain and when Nintendo does it they'll celebrate... Not sarcasm, cynacism.  I was being optamistic. 

^ Yes, this is correct. You have understood my post very well :)