By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One and Titanfall bundle makes the Microsoft game console a better deal than the PS4

rolltide101x said:
@HipHopGodd

I seriously hope you are being sarcastic or you have missed some of the best games available over the passed few years

You know the indie hate started in November, 2013... before it was a really good deal on 360.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

I look at metacritic and I can safely say Vita has a solid library. You are again confusing buying habits with quality, when that is simply not the case. Consumers don't have to be logical in ther buying habits. They can be downright emotional in their buying. They can be brand loyal to a product name for life. Wii may have won but most core gamers will tell you that 360/PS3 were the real gaming machines of that generation. To make this as simple as possible, winning does not equal best quality.

And what makes metacritic so special about determining the quality of the games ? 

Buying habits and quality are related ... Consumers are more logical than you think they are. All they ask of is a solution. If anything hardcore gamers and even some of the core gamers are the irrational ones around here seeing as how they are the ones denying the facts. 

If winning didn't mean best quality then I also wonder if NES, SNES, PS1, and  EVEN the PS2 weren't the best consoles in it's respective generation. 

fatslob-:O said:
sales2099 said:

I look at metacritic and I can safely say Vita has a solid library. You are again confusing buying habits with quality, when that is simply not the case. Consumers don't have to be logical in ther buying habits. They can be downright emotional in their buying. They can be brand loyal to a product name for life. Wii may have won but most core gamers will tell you that 360/PS3 were the real gaming machines of that generation. To make this as simple as possible, winning does not equal best quality.

And what makes metacritic so special about determining the quality of the games ? 

Buying habits and quality are related ... Consumers are more logical than you think they are. All they ask of is a solution. If anything hardcore gamers and even some of the core gamers are the irrational ones around here seeing as how they are the ones denying the facts. 

If winning didn't mean best quality then I also wonder if NES, SNES, PS1, and  EVEN the PS2 weren't the best consoles in it's respective generation. 

Wii Fit

BMaker11 said:
sales2099 said:

Wii Fit

You mentioning WII Fit doesn't disprove the fact that it was a high quality game. 

@fatslob-:O

Quality and sells are not directly related. If so Zelda Ocarina of Time and Demon's Souls would be the best selling games of all time

Around the Network
rolltide101x said:

Quality and sells are not directly related. If so Zelda Ocarina of Time and Demon's Souls would be the best selling games of all time

Except their NOT the best quality games. They obviously have some issues too ...

lol ok dude. Whatever floats your boat

Personally I don't see the value in PS4 or xbone yet. Neither has enough games to justify their purchase and the price of the xbone is just far too high for the performance on offer.

Probably by christmas I'll buy a ps4 and perhaps a xbone some time next year.

TheBlackNaruto said:

Nobody here is acting defensive from my side ... It's a known fact that value is determined by consumers. You really can't analyse by price but rather you have to do it by market demand. 

In which you are correct hence the reason I said it boils down to opinion. BUT looking at the side by side without taking ANYTHING else into consideration. Just the price of what is shown for the TF bundle and the PS4 MONENTARY value wise (not sure if I used that correctly lol) the TF XB1 bundle has the better value.

But the consumers still prefer the PS4 which again is fine no one is denying that from what I can see.

But why can't I make the claim that value is not dependent on price ? You can clearly see that price has little to do with the true meaning of value ... Monetary value has little meaning if consumers don't acknowledge the product. 

That's the thing though you can make that claim hence the reason I said you were correct as well lol. That does not make the article wrong going by just price which is what the article was saying basically. Not that the XB1 was better or anything just the value PRICE ALONE was a better deal. Again I say does that mean it is a better value to me as a consumer? No because I like the PS4 and what it has to offer better.

I think the confuse is people are seeing it as value as just one thing when there is consumer value which it is the PS4 and then the article is talking about just in price which means the XB1. Neither IS WRONG

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

BMaker11 said:
sales2099 said:

Wii Fit

You mentioning WII Fit doesn't disprove the fact that it was a high quality game

So I guess it's better than Grand Theft Auto 3? Halo: CE? Zelda: OoT? Uncharted 2? GoldenEye 007? Tony Hawk 2? BioShock 1? MGS3? I mean, all these games are considered some of the best of all time. But sales = quality, right? None of them came close to Wii Fit's sales. So whatever echelon the above games are on, Wii Fit is far, far above them.