By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One and Titanfall bundle makes the Microsoft game console a better deal than the PS4

FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:
FlamingWeazel said:

The other countries would make almost no diff yet you keep bringing it up LMAO.

Even at 500 sales each a week that would add 20,000 a week. Still 20,000 sales  they arent getting now. And although PS4 would be ahead still Xbox One would likely at 500 consoles a week per country average be another million up since release. Making it look much better in comparison than now. Its the beginning of the gen, Sales and marketshare will really come into effect 1 year or so from now.

The ps4 has sold 1 million in those territories, the x1 would not, sony dominates there, would be 500k max extra, still a long way behind. Expect 5 k max a week extra sales.

20k a week is more then the UK, you are over estimating these territories, most are smaller then us states.

No across 40 more countries a week  expect 20,000. 5k would mean 120 connsoles sold on average across 40 a week. Thats off. I say  500 average. 20,000.

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
selnor1983 said:
fatslob-:O said:
selnor1983 said:
Guys so aggressive its called opinion. Chill they are only boxes of plastic. I couldnt care less whether Im right or wrong. stated my opinon, and said why Sony have no value to me. I like a couple of games but dont like the direction of Sony first party games. Not gamey enough. Control gets taken away from you to much. My opinion.

It's too bad that the customers disagree with your opinion. Don't even think about trying to lump their view with yours ... 

The one aggressive here is you trying to defend your stance about consumer values and we all know how that backfired.

Last tiime I checked Xbox One is approaching 4 million in 13 countrries. So Im not alone by any means. Alot of people dont rate Sonys exclusives. Otherwise PS3 will have sold 200,000,000+.

Its an opinion bro. I would love to have God Of ar and Uncharted on Xbox though. They are Sonys best by a country mile.

For the LAST TIME those extra countries WON'T make a difference! How hard is it to grasp the FACT that the X1 is a failure outside of US and UK ?!

Why are you bringing up Sony exclusives ? What does that have to do with the conversation at hand ?! I could care less about your opinion so start focusing the subject at HAND!

It is a FACT that the market disagrees with you! It's CLEAR that they don't value the X1 over the PS4!

For some weird reason you have trouble reading my posts ... 

Exclusives are part of the focus. It adds value. Hence the thread.

selnor1983 said:
FlamingWeazel said:
selnor1983 said:
FlamingWeazel said:

The other countries would make almost no diff yet you keep bringing it up LMAO.

Even at 500 sales each a week that would add 20,000 a week. Still 20,000 sales  they arent getting now. And although PS4 would be ahead still Xbox One would likely at 500 consoles a week per country average be another million up since release. Making it look much better in comparison than now. Its the beginning of the gen, Sales and marketshare will really come into effect 1 year or so from now.

The ps4 has sold 1 million in those territories, the x1 would not, sony dominates there, would be 500k max extra, still a long way behind. Expect 5 k max a week extra sales.

20k a week is more then the UK, you are over estimating these territories, most are smaller then us states.

No across 40 more countries a week  expect 20,000. 5k would mean 120 connsoles sold on average across 40 a week. Thats off. I say  500 average. 20,000.

Your off if you think x1 sells as much as ps4 in these territories, these territores do not get many sales and sony outsells xbox there by a wide margin. It wont be near 20k a week on average.

selnor1983 said:

Exclusives are part of the focus. It adds value. Hence the thread.

Except Titanfall exists on the PC and 360 ... Value isn't evaluated through monetary means. It's determined by the MARKET

And that MARKET says the PS4 is the better value.

xbox + kinect + game = $450

PS4 + game = $460

so basically, you receive kinect for free and a $10 discount for the game right?  make senses if we ignore the fact that ps4 and x1 arent the same console, so i think the whole point of the OP is kinda silly.

Nevertheless, is a great deal for those who wants an X1, even more if we take the original price/bunduru into consideration.

Around the Network
A_C_E said:

Answer this question for me if you will. I've spent about...$300 on Call of Duty in past 5 years. I've spent about $100 on Metal Gear Solid in the past 5 years. Which do I value more based on the data I've provided for you; MGS or CoD?

Going by your later statement that you have spent far more time with the MGS series, you value that more.

Put simply, 400$ is a relatively small investement compared to the time you spend on those products without making money.

In much the same way it is with consoles - while, say, 450$ with one game and a camera might seem cheap, it is very expensive if you assume that the vast majority of your gaming will not be done on that device.

It's only better value if you like multiplayer games like Titanfall. In my point of view, that game doesn't interest me. Quantum Break might, whenever we hear more

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

ctalkeb said:
A_C_E said:

Answer this question for me if you will. I've spent about...$300 on Call of Duty in past 5 years. I've spent about $100 on Metal Gear Solid in the past 5 years. Which do I value more based on the data I've provided for you; MGS or CoD?

Going by your later statement that you have spent far more time with the MGS series, you value that more.

Put simply, 400$ is a relatively small investement compared to the time you spend on those products without making money.

In much the same way it is with consoles - while, say, 450$ with one game and a camera might seem cheap, it is very expensive if you assume that the vast majority of your gaming will not be done on that device.

@ bold - You just figured out what others couldn't; that value doesn't = sales. Congrats!

People are a very habitual bunch and many have different spending habits. Most buy on impulse or hype, immediately thinking about how much fun they are going to have with said product. People like this tend not think about a week or a month from now how they are going to enjoy their purchase. These people are also most likely early adopters. This applies greatly to the entertainment industry where it is almost mandatory to have or experience something around the same time as the next person.

Value does not equal a sale - Hype, impulse, value, budget, boredom, novelty, past experience and many, many other things lead to a sale. Or maybe your rich and dont think about money spending, or maybe your poor and have to save up for this product.

How do you figure out who values the product more? The rich guy or poor guy? They both spent the same amount of money on the same product but one had to save up for this product, the other has never had less money in his wallet. Most would assume the poor guy values the product more because he worked toward it but you never know, the rich guy may work just as hard as the poor guy. We just don't know.

What we know is (well some of us) that value does not equal sale.

selnor1983 said:
FlamingWeazel said:

How many times do I have to tell you:

XBox One has been selling in most if not all those "more countries" for months now (Metro group, other groups and importers). There will be almost ZERO additional sales after the official launches.

To give you an even more devastating data bit to gnaw on: There are several internet dealers that currently advertise the XBox One for over $150 cheaper than the MSRP (all labeled US imports because $450 + markup + import taxes << current MSRP). By the time MS has woken up and realised they have to significantly reduce the MSRP, everybody in the "I want one group" will already have an XBox One, no matter what tier 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 country they're in.

So price isn't an excuse anymore. what's next