By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4 Game Director Justin Richmond Leaves Naughty Dog

Goatseye said:
thismeintiel said:
MoHasanie said:
Another person?! hmm, maybe Sony cut all upper management pay as well and these people didn't want to continue working for less money.

I'm going to say this is the most likely situation.  In Japan, many upper management agree to take pay cuts for the good of the company, so there is still a job for them to have.  In America, that practice is almost unheard of.  Hell, when companies were getting money from the bailouts (bailouts that were given because their companies were going down the shitter, mind you), some upper management gave themselves pay raises or bonuses, like they did a good job getting extra money for the company from the bailout, lol.  Just a difference in business ethics, I suppose.

True, but the last guys to get salaries axed should be Naughty folks.

You take TLOU and Uncharted, Sony is out of stellar sellers.I mean GTA even if it is demo it sells.

Meanwhile in Japan...

But considering how many great selling and critically acclaimed games Naughty Dog has produced, perhaps these people were being paid a lot of money. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Bad news just keeps coming for Sony. Hopefully E3 this year sparks them back up.

kowenicki said:
badgenome said:
sales2099 said:

Ok, lets believe all the PR we are spoonfed, especially with the other recent layoffs. Don't take out frustrations on me.

I really doubt he was fired since he just accepted a job with the biggest game developer in the world. It says so right in the OP. Don't take your unwillingness to read out on me.

Yeah... as I said earlier.  There is no bad news in Playstation land.  Ever.

I haven't been around for very long here on VGChartz, and I usually forget what different users said about tings because there are just so many names and the avatars are rather samey. But I've recognized your avatar by now and it seems like you are always attempting to downplay PS4 and Sony as much as possible in a very fanatical kind of way.

I don't think I've overstepped the boundaries of the thread by pointing this out, but just so you know; If a brand new user picks up on something like that so quickly then surely everyone is well aware of it by now.

Bad publicity for sure.

leyendax69 said:
I don't like this at all :(

Look at the bright side! There is no way Uncharted 4 could ever be any worse than the card game for the Vita!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

On good note, I hope some of these guys go to Microsoft. Lot of new studios and Ill happily benefit.

They probably cut the salaries for some higher staff members so that some who can get more somewhere else simply leave now. 

Dev shake up allover, it will be interesting to see what new studios are formed.

``There is some really innovative stuff going on here that I can't wait to be a part of.``

by that he mean I will get more money.