By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rocksteady on Batman Arkham Knight - 'Wii U could not meet gameplay objectives'

Do *NOT* call out users before they enter a thread, people. I banned Rafux because he has a history of flaming and the others who did so do not (yet), but do take it as a warning that i am serious about this.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

damn makes me wonder if the Batmobile is going to be as game defining as the dog in COD:Ghosts

Don't forget teh next gen fish AI!

Ah well, I'll be buying Arkham Night for PC. Really can't wait. ^_^

Also, Khan is a total dumb dumb head lo-

*looks up*

*gulps*

I can accept what they said, they are going for next gen only, so that kinda leaves wiiu out. All the other games that haven't come to wiiu, that were also on the ps360, those excuses I can't accept. The wiiu isn't at the level of power that the ps4/x1 are at, that's obvious. I have no problem with games only being on the new systems, as long as they aren't on ps360, and they come up with some lame ass excuse for it not being on the u. I hope this game is a visual treat, if the first ones are anything to go by, it will look amazing.

petroleo said:
People still think the Wii U is a next gen console ?, I mean really ?

Of course people who say Wii U is a 9th generation console are silly. We should all know by now that Wii U is strictly a 8th generation console!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Right... Yet Watch Dogs runs on Xbox 360... So why is impossible to have Arkham Knight on Wii U? You could just say that Epic does not give Unreal Engine 4 support for Wii U and yet latest Cryengine CRYENGINE supports Wii U.

Incompetence is a great word to explain this collosal failure of these developers.

Around the Network
Barozi said:

damn makes me wonder if the Batmobile is going to be as game defining as the dog in COD:Ghosts

I have a suspicion that they might also include "jet" along with batmobile.

fleischr said:
trestres said:
fleischr said:
trestres said:
Let's cross out WB from the list of the Western 3rd party publishers that support the Wii U.

Anyone has a list of those remaining? Activision if I'm not mistaken. Ubisoft has been recently crossed out.

WB will always gladly release the Lego games on WiiU. Wouldn't be surprised if Lego City Undercover 2 was already in the works.

Ubisoft hasn't officially announced they're dropping WiiU support. They're releasing Child of Light to the platform next month and then Watch Dogs later on. Wii U probably gets the last-gen version of the 2 AC games rather than Unity.

That's not support, when it's not full support. Even then, LEGO City would be a 1st party game.

2nd tier support like movie cash ins and the sorts do no count as proper support.

Ubisoft has abandoned ship most likely. Watchdogs version is now a TBA 2015 title ("may be coming in 2014 means that"). Assassins Creed Unity already confirmed not coming to Wii U and then the rest is speculation from your side, so let's cross them out.

Let's put an asterisk instead of a cross-out. Neither of these companies have expressly stated they're leaving the platform totally out of their consideration. If a game make sense to the userbase and is technically feasible, they'll provide it to the WiiU.

Sounds fair.

But honestly, giving a 3rd party publisher the benefit of the doubt is harder than supposing they will reconsider their stance.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

hated_individual said:
Right... Yet Watch Dogs runs on Xbox 360... So why is impossible to have Arkham Knight on Wii U? You could just say that Epic does not give Unreal Engine 4 support for Wii U and yet latest Cryengine CRYENGINE supports Wii U.

Incompetence is a great word to explain this collosal failure of these developers.

Clearly Rocksteady knows nothing about game deisgn or programming. They're being taken to school by the expert programmers here at VGC. Take that you Wii U hating developers! We'll give you the tounge lashing of a lifetime!

This just further fuels the truth doesn't it? Warner Bros a pro Ninty developer can't bring this game to WiiU because of its limitations.

Seece said:
This just further fuels the truth doesn't it? Warner Bros a pro Ninty developer can't bring this game to WiiU because of its limitations.

More like Warner Bros. are a poopy face, I didn't even want Arkham Knight anyway, will be playing the superior Mario Kart which doesn't need a fancy schmancy Batmobile. 

Moderated,

-Mr Khan