By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - After a few months owning the WiiU my review

Its been a few months now that I own a WiiU, its the mario bundle. I got it from a guy that won it at a party for $220 it was new never openned. Here's my impressions of the console:

Controller: The gamepad suprisingly feels pretty good when you actually hold it, I imediatly loved the touchscreen. Using the gamepad to browse the internet is far better than any other consoles I have ever experienced. Its smooth and makes everything simple. Going on netflix is amazing, just touch the screen and there you go. Its certainly an evolution from previous controllers and its the best I had experienced yet, I hope it doesn't disappear because it makes the console experience so much better.

Graphics: Being a Nintendo console I didn't expect too much for the graphics but I was delightly surprised how good the games looked on the WiiU. I love the look of new super mario U and super mario 3d world looks fantastic.

Games: Well this console surely delivers in games, I only have four games, AC 4, new super mario U, wii party u and super mario 3d world. I love to use the gamepad to check the map on AC 4, although I don't play that game too much now its not a bad game. Super Mario 3D World is amazing, we are almost done collecting everything to get to the crown level, I just can't get enough of this game, the level design is very creative and challenging, the graphics are really beautiful, its my favorite game of 2013 by a long shot. I just can't wait to get my hands on MK8 thats gonna be amazing. All in all loads of excellent games on the WiiU if you like those type of games.

Overall I give this console a 9. Its my favorite console so far this gen, I have a PS4 also but we just don't use it as much as the WiiU which we use everyday. My kids just can't get enough of it and I really like the funcionality of the gamepad to browse the internet or go on netflix. Great console but I think at $250 it would be a better value, I believe $300 is a little high for it.

Around the Network

Good review :)

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

I just got a Wii U this morning, the Mario bundle and also got Wind Waker. So far so good but only have put like an hour into it so cant give my thoughts yet.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Yeah I agree. We have lego city, 3d world, zombiu and ac 4. But now my kid mainly goes on netflix on the gamepad. Might get wind waker at weekend though not sure. Oh yeah I put 40+ hours into ac 4 most ive put into a game in years thought it was really good.

NavyNut said:
[...]

Games: Well this console surely delivers in games, I only have four games, AC 4, new super mario U, mario party and super mario 3d world.

[...]

:| When was Mario Party released for the Wii U??

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird. 

Around the Network

It's my only console but I agree with that score.

Vladez said:
NavyNut said:
[...]

Games: Well this console surely delivers in games, I only have four games, AC 4, new super mario U, mario party and super mario 3d world.

[...]

:| When was Mario Party released for the Wii U??

Maybe hes playing the wii version? 

spurgeonryan said:
I also wish there was a IM feature. I do not want to ask people to play via video chat. Too shy.

Miiverse private message.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I like you're review because you agree with my feelings.

I'm not sure I could recommend it to everybody because the PS3 and 360 have stellar libraries but as the owner of all of the big guns (including the PS4 and Xbox One), it definitely serves me very well. I love it. Again, it's not for everybody but everybody should be able to find at least one game that scratches their gaming itch. Can't wait for Bayonetta, X, Smash, and MK8.