By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global HW+SW, week ending 3/22.

jlmurph2 said:
ICStats said:
Last week XB1 gained 23k with it's big title versus a regular PS4 week. This week PS4 gained 88k with it's big title versus an inflated XB1 week. Still looking good for the PS and I don't know what will change without some big announcements.

Xbox One gained an 81k boost (108%), not 23k. 

Unless you mean the gap between the two, then you should change the wording.

I meant the gap, that's why I worded it as "gained ... versus".

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:
ICStats said:

50 markets vs 13 markets

$400  vs  $500 (70% bundles?)

People may try  to downplay Xone performance as long as they want, it dosen´t change de fact it´s doing great, much better than many here belived it would back after E3.

I wonder the 180 wans´t even necessary, the only thing holding Xone is price.

Except of course that the Ps4 sales from just the U.S. U.k. Germany, and France are higher than the Xbox One WW sales. (as of 3/15)

That leaves only 2.2 million sales for the remaining 46 PS4 markets. How many sales do you expect the 37 remaining markets for the Xbox One to add? It's a much more english speaking market focused console.

If we look at PS4 sales... the Xone could have had a 20 to 25% boost. Or at your own account a 1 to 1.5mi extra.

What is wrong if that logic? Is that hard to belive people around the world would be interested in buy a localized oficially suported Xone?

But as I said before, the price is the major issue holding Xone sales.

Dark_Feanor said:

DerNelbel said those 13 markets represents 80% of WW market, so I did just a fast math extrapolation.

But, it was the 50 markets + pricing at at most $450, then 5,5mi would be esealy achievable.

360 sold 80m by VGC.

NA: 46.5m (~58%)
+ US: 42.5m (~55%)

EU: 24.5m (~30%)
+ UK: 8m (~11%)
+ DE: 3m (~3%)
+ FR: 3.5m (~4%)

NA (2) + UK + DE + FR: 76%

You can added more IT (~2%), AU + NZ (~3%), BR (1%), ME (~2%), ES (2%), IR (0.5%), AT (0.5%)

1% = ~800k (I put 1% for Brazil but it is close to 2 million 360 units sold here... so more like 2%)

13 Countries  = ~87%

I'm being fair putting low % to some countries that have a 360 userbease bigger.

You can release Xbone even in Mars... that's wont add 1m or 1.5m sales in four months... look more like 500k maximum.

Welcome do reality.

Dark_Feanor said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Wait you really think if the XB1 was released in those other markets that it would be at about 5.5mil by now? I think it would have quite a few more sales but to give it that big of a jump in places where Sony/PS is bigger? I just can't see it. I personally think(as do others) that the XB1 is doing just fine and will continue to do fine. Just because it is not doing as well s the PS4 doesn't mean that it is doing bad by any means.

DerNebel said those 13 markets represents 80% of WW market, so I did just a fast math extrapolation.

But, it was the 50 markets + pricing at at most $450, then 5,5mi would be esealy achievable.

Which was an educated guess, just to make that clear :D

US+UK+Germany+France make up about 71.2% of 360 sales according to vgchartz, I think it's save to assume that the other 9 countries at the very least make up enough marketshare to get above 80% since that would mean only about 7 million consoles sold combined in those markets.

DerNebel said:

US+UK+Germany+France make up about 71.2% of 360 sales according to vgchartz, I think it's save to assume that the other 9 countries at the very least make up enough marketshare to get above 80% since that would mean only about 7 million consoles sold combined in those markets.

The 13 countries accounts for close 90% of 360 sales in the world.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

DerNebel said:

The 13 countries accounts for close 90% of 360 sales in the world.

That's an assumption, it might be true but we don't know that for sure.

BTW the PS4 boost was more about supply * yeap people try to say that not but it is obvious supply constrained even after four months... everything Sony ship is sold in days *.

Xbone sales didn't boosted like some predicted here... in fact it boosted like I said... ~150k... low numbers for a console that wants to be competitive helped by deals and unofficial pricecut... it will drop to less than 80k in two or max three weeks... you can say want you want but that's low, better than Wii U but it is low even so.

In fact the numbers for PS4 in the previous weeks seems weird... in my Maths Sony is shipping ~250k units per week and the sales in previous weeks didn't show that... with a constant shipment of 250k after Japan you need to have ~160-170k per week.... VGC showed 130k?

I think PS4 is doing better than VGC is estimating in the March weeks but we will just know when NPD releases or Sony announces the 7 million sold.

While that I predicted ~7.2 shipped for March 2014.

You can read here my full breakdown of the shipments: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6183932

DerNebel said:

That's an assumption, it might be true but we don't know that for sure.

I used official lifetime numbers to get 87% * we have Australia, Italy, Spain, Brazil, etc... some are 2012 and others 2013 but it shows the 13 countries accounts for over 87% of the sales for 360 *... so I don't think these assumption are wrong .

Dark_Feanor said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Wait you really think if the XB1 was released in those other markets that it would be at about 5.5mil by now? I think it would have quite a few more sales but to give it that big of a jump in places where Sony/PS is bigger? I just can't see it. I personally think(as do others) that the XB1 is doing just fine and will continue to do fine. Just because it is not doing as well s the PS4 doesn't mean that it is doing bad by any means.

DerNelbel said those 13 markets represents 80% of WW market, so I did just a fast math extrapolation.

Ahhhhh okay got it.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Dark_Feanor said:
DerNebel said:
ICStats said:
Last week XB1 gained 23k with it's big title versus a regular PS4 week. This week PS4 gained 88k with it's big title versus an inflated XB1 week. Still looking good for the PS and I don't know what will change without some big announcements.

Regular PS4 week isn't quite right, last week was the PS4s second worst week yet. :D

50 markets vs 13 markets

$400  vs  $500 (70% bundles?)

People may try  to downplay Xone performance as long as they want, it dosen´t change de fact it´s doing great, much better than many here belived it would back after E3.

I wonder the 180 wans´t even necessary, the only thing holding Xone is price.

These points have been debated endlessly by others so I won't repeat the same things.

What I will add is the price, and the lack of distribution to many markets, is a reality for XB1.  It's all nice and good to say if it was cheaper, or more widely distributed, it would be doing better, but it isn't a reality.

The reality is XB1 is intrinsically more expensive, and unavailable for many languages, by design.

We can certainly talk about how the design, the strategy of XB1, is doing pretty well for what it is, but is lagging overall to the PS4 design and strategy by a significant amount.

My 8th gen collection