By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - inFAMOUS: Second Son is Pretty Short

According to Kotaku, you can beat ground zeroes in 10 minutes.

http://kotaku.com/you-can-beat-metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-in-ten-m-1546304654

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
I guess someone's butthurt because MGS5: Prologue didn't get a lot of hype...

It's really pretty obvious. Infamous is a full fledged game. MGS5 is not. You need 90 - 120 Minutes for the main story. There are demos which entertained me longer. And that's why people call that thing a demo you have to pay for. Because that's what it is. Not saying it is bad or anything, it sure is fun as hell. But still only a demo.

Nah, just be fair. The media calls is short, everyone calls is short. Had they not said anything, no one would be talking about it.

I am on expert, having 100 percent in like 80 percent of the districts and am right before the final boss. At leasr it seems like so.
and i only played like 6 to 8 hours.

the game feels empty, but that was the same in infamous two. Hate they ditched the comic influences. Hate the enemies.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Ka-pi96 said:
Infamous SS isn't the longest game but it is open world and has a lot of replay value there. And of course is still much much much longer than Ground Zeroes.

Doesn't matter to me, as long as I get value out of my purchase. I got more value out of GZ than I did inFAMOUS.

iceboy151 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Infamous SS isn't the longest game but it is open world and has a lot of replay value there. And of course is still much much much longer than Ground Zeroes.

Doesn't matter to me, as long as I get value out of my purchase. I got more value out of GZ than I did inFAMOUS.

Aaaaaand we're down to the bottom of the thread.

Someone trying to put some objectivity on subjective worth.

Can be closed now.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I don't believe anyone who says they beat the main story in 5 hours. The fastest speed run is 7 hours and 48 minutes. The game is amazing though and worth the price.

I have a little less than 8 hours and I think I'm not even in half of the game. But then again, maybe you are someone who likes to pass games fast. Still, worthy of $60 and is bigger than a lot of games in the market.

It's a bit short, but there's still a good amount of content, just shorter than the previous inFamous games

I'm just about to finish my first playthrough

Game seems to be pretty short if i look at howlongtobeat and how long people need for main story + extras considering that this is an open world game but it is still much longer as GZ and also not shorter than at least other non open world singleplayer games.

I would say that this is next gen for you but Infamous 2 had pretty much the same stats on that site so that it seems normal for an Infamous game.

I think it should be bigger but it is still nothing really bad and much better as GZ if I can believe what most say about that.

The game is about 10 hours if you speed through it. +10 more hours for the second speed through. +5 more hours if you do all the extra. + PAPER TRAIL which is still continuing. (on going content)

I find it silly to compare it to GZ. GZ don't even have a boss fight.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5