By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Do You Want Nintendo To Do E3 This Year? <(^_^<)

So how should they do it!?

Like last year! (directs ... 53 19.06%

Traditionally! (press conference) 203 73.02%

Something else! (post explanation) 18 6.47%

Total:274

But again, they did a press conference in 2012, and that didn't go any better for them. Also, average joes use the internet too.

Wasnt the system just announced then? Yes they do, but not for directs or ign.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Mr Khan said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

The NDC was a lag fest. Conferences are not. The resolution was so poor and video so choppy that I honestly thought 3DWorld was a 3DS game, and I was angry when it wasn't. Not the reaction you want.

Livestreams also lag, unless you're watching on actual TV.

Yes they can, but it's usually much less because there are multiple outlets broadcasting.  I watched the other conferences last year on IGN with no lag that was noticible.  Nintendo doesn't have the capacity to feed all of us.

Hey, they could have improved it this time around!

This is true, but I have my doubts.  The last NDC had a fair amount of lag problems, and that wasn't e3!

SubiyaCryolite said:

But again, they did a press conference in 2012, and that didn't go any better for them. Also, average joes use the internet too.

Wasnt the system just announced then? Yes they do, but not for directs or ign.

We've known about it since 2011, and I'm sure word of mouth is how most people find out about stuff, and things like Twitter n Facebook will spread the news. That's how I learned about the Wii atleast.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Mr Khan said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

The NDC was a lag fest. Conferences are not. The resolution was so poor and video so choppy that I honestly thought 3DWorld was a 3DS game, and I was angry when it wasn't. Not the reaction you want.

Livestreams also lag, unless you're watching on actual TV.

Yes they can, but it's usually much less because there are multiple outlets broadcasting.  I watched the other conferences last year on IGN with no lag that was noticible.  Nintendo doesn't have the capacity to feed all of us.

Hey, they could have improved it this time around!

This is true, but I have my doubts.  The last NDC had a fair amount of lag problems, and that wasn't e3!

Exactly, that wasn't E3! If they're to prioritize any stream, it will be the E3 one! What they should really do though is since it's pre-recorded, just upload the whole video.

E3 Direct was ok, but Zelda should be revealed with Miyamoto and Aonuma on stage.

And I want an arrogant and aggressive Reggie kicking ass.

What might happen:
- Zelda U
- Miyamoto IP
- Paper Mario or Animal Crossing for Wii U
- 1-3 Japanese Wii U third-party exclusives (maybe from SEGA, Capcom or Platinum)
- no Western Wii U third-party exclusives, but trailers of 3-5 ports of AAA games
- trailer with 30-40 indie games
- NFC and QoL stuff
- X trailer and name reveal
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem trailer
- Yarn Yoshi trailer
- Smash Bros. character
- Advance Wars 3DS or Metroid 3DS or Majora's Mask 3DS

Around the Network

I want them to not go. None of these gaming conventions are worthwhile anymore... except maybe Gamescom.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
I want them to not go. None of these gaming conventions are worthwhile anymore... except maybe Gamescom.

Whut!?

episteme said:
E3 Direct was ok, but Zelda should be revealed with Miyamoto and Aonuma on stage.

What might happen: 

- Zelda U    Probably
- Miyamoto IP   Unlikely
- Paper Mario or Animal Crossing for Wii U    NO
- 1-3 Japanese Wii U third-party exclusives (maybe from SEGA, Capcom or Platinum)    NO
- no Western Wii U third-party exclusives, but trailers of 3-5 ports of AAA games    NO
- trailer with 30-40 indie games   Indies will be a big part of this E3, probably one third of their conference, however no more than 20 games
- NFC and QoL stuff     Only NFC pertains to the WiiU, Probably
- X trailer and name reveal    YES
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem trailer  NO
- Yarn Yoshi trailer   Probably
- Smash Bros. character   YES
- Advance Wars 3DS or Metroid 3DS or Majora's Mask 3DS    Not pertaining to the Wii U

Add to that one third of the Wii U conference for Mario Kart 8

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
episteme said:

Please atleast explain this. How on earth are they gonna spend 10+ minutes talking about an already released game!?

trestres said:
episteme said:

What might happen: 

- Zelda U    Probably
- Miyamoto IP   Unlikely
- Paper Mario or Animal Crossing for Wii U    NO
- 1-3 Japanese Wii U third-party exclusives (maybe from SEGA, Capcom or Platinum)    NO
- no Western Wii U third-party exclusives, but trailers of 3-5 ports of AAA games    NO
- trailer with 30-40 indie games   Indies will be a big part of this E3, probably one third of their conference, however no more than 20 games
- NFC and QoL stuff     Only NFC pertains to the WiiU, Probably
- X trailer and name reveal    YES
- Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem trailer  NO
- Yarn Yoshi trailer   Probably
- Smash Bros. character   YES
- Advance Wars 3DS or Metroid 3DS or Majora's Mask 3DS    Not pertaining to the Wii U

There will be nothing about Mario Kart...

I mentioned the 3DS because I think they won't show more than one new game. The thread was about Nintendo at E3, not only Wii U at E3.