By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Do You Want Nintendo To Do E3 This Year? <(^_^<)

So how should they do it!?

Like last year! (directs ... 53 19.06%

Traditionally! (press conference) 203 73.02%

Something else! (post explanation) 18 6.47%

Total:274
Einsam_Delphin said:

The Wii U's problems have nothing to do with the E3 Direct though. It was selling badly before E3 2013 and after E3 2012 where they did a normal press conference, so whether or not they do a press conference or a direct wont change anything. Because of that, they may aswell go the cheaper, easier, and more fan friendly route.

My point is exposure, isnt that the whole point of E3? Directs are niche, I dont think that will help the consoles image or its awareness. Yes "millions" watch them, millions of dedicated gamers on the net and existing WiiU/3DS customers.

E3 is featured on a variety of programs on channels like the BBC and CNBC. Normal "impulse" buyers see quick snippets from presentations as well as brief interviews from various execs, but the presentation snippets always stand out. First time I saw a Wii some guys was swinging the wiimote on the stage and I was hooked (whats that?). Unless Im a gamer I cant know that Bayonetta 2 or Mario Kart 8 is available to play on the showfloor. Thats how you get peoples attention, not "please take a look" in a browser window.

Maybe then I wouldnt have to explain what a WiiU is to 99.99% of the local population.

Not scientific at all, but thats how I feel.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

I don't care, as long as they announce and show a whole bunch of great games, with release dates other than 'coming soon', or '2015'.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I'd like them to do like e3 2012. So, a pre-e3 direct that give us insight on the future of the company such as their QoL stuff, and a press conference that focus on games and games. This way the conference won't waste time on QoL or other useless talk.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
the_dengle said:
There's just something exciting about hearing the live reaction of a crowd. ND gets the job done, but it's not as much fun.

True, but the direct get's the job done better as it's to the point, focused solely on games, and takes much less time overall. Also the hands-on events were uber fun!

The NDC was a lag fest. Conferences are not. The resolution was so poor and video so choppy that I honestly thought 3DWorld was a 3DS game, and I was angry when it wasn't. Not the reaction you want.

Livestreams also lag, unless you're watching on actual TV.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I think that Nintendo will, when talknig about WiiU, emphasize on Indie games, I'm really not expecting much more than SSBU and Hyrule Warriors when it comes to new games. Of course they will use at least 1 3rd of the WiiU spotlight time to show off Mario Kart, even if it is an old game by the moment the conference takes place. So It would probably be the most disappointing E3 in memory.

Will get worse as years go by, but probably up to 2015, as I think Wii U's first party support will be dropped after Q1 2016.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

I say do a traditional this year and ask to go last. I think its pretty ridiculous that PlayStation gets to go last almost every year. Reason why I know there is HUGE bias in the gaming "journalism" world. I think dropping the exclusive R.B.I. Baseball on their systems, to rival The Show(my slightly educated guess), will be dropped at E3. If not that something big will be this year, thats a guarantee.

SubiyaCryolite said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

The Wii U's problems have nothing to do with the E3 Direct though. It was selling badly before E3 2013 and after E3 2012 where they did a normal press conference, so whether or not they do a press conference or a direct wont change anything. Because of that, they may aswell go the cheaper, easier, and more fan friendly route.

My point is exposure, isnt that the whole point of E3? Directs are niche, I dont think that will help the consoles image or its awareness. Yes "millions" watch them, millions of dedicated gamers on the net and existing WiiU/3DS customers.

E3 is featured on a variety of programs on channels like the BBC and CNBC. Normal "impulse" buyers see quick snippets from presentations as well as brief interviews from various execs, but the presentation snippets always stand out. First time I saw a Wii some guys was swinging the wiimote on the stage and I was hooked (whats that?). Unless Im a gamer I cant know that Bayonetta 2 or Mario Kart 8 is available to play on the showfloor. Thats how you get peoples attention, not "please take a look" in a browser window.

Maybe then I wouldnt have to explain what a WiiU is to 99.99% of the local population.

Not scientific at all, but thats how I feel.

But again, they did a press conference in 2012, and that didn't go any better for them. Also, average joes use the internet too.

trestres said:
I think that Nintendo will, when talknig about WiiU, emphasize on Indie games, I'm really not expecting much more than SSBU and Hyrule Warriors when it comes to new games. Of course they will use at least 1 3rd of the WiiU spotlight time to show off Mario Kart, even if it is an old game by the moment the conference takes place. So It would probably be the most disappointing E3 in memory.

Will get worse as years go by, but probably up to 2015, as I think Wii U's first party support will be dropped after Q1 2016.

lol what? That's silly to think considering there's plenty of other games we know about already like SMTxFE, Sonic Boom, X, Yoshi Yarn, Bayonetta 2, and Miyamoto's new IP, and they're obviously going to announce new ones. The only reason they'd talk about Mario Kart 8 is if they have DLC.

Mr Khan said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
the_dengle said:
There's just something exciting about hearing the live reaction of a crowd. ND gets the job done, but it's not as much fun.

True, but the direct get's the job done better as it's to the point, focused solely on games, and takes much less time overall. Also the hands-on events were uber fun!

The NDC was a lag fest. Conferences are not. The resolution was so poor and video so choppy that I honestly thought 3DWorld was a 3DS game, and I was angry when it wasn't. Not the reaction you want.

Yes they can, but it's usually much less because there are multiple outlets broadcasting.  I watched the other conferences last year on IGN with no lag that was noticible.  Nintendo doesn't have the capacity to feed all of us.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Mr Khan said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
the_dengle said:

Yes they can, but it's usually much less because there are multiple outlets broadcasting.  I watched the other conferences last year on IGN with no lag that was noticible.  Nintendo doesn't have the capacity to feed all of us.

Hey, they could have improved it this time around!