By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Do You Want Nintendo To Do E3 This Year? <(^_^<)

So how should they do it!?

Like last year! (directs ... 53 19.06%

Traditionally! (press conference) 203 73.02%

Something else! (post explanation) 18 6.47%

Total:274

We're sure to hear about Nintendo's E3 plans soon, so I just thought I'd make this thread now! So as the title says, how should Nintendo go about doing E3 this year? Should it be just like last year where they had Nintendo Directs and countrywide hands-on events instead of a press conference, or should they just go back to doing a traditional press conference? Post your thoughts and vote in the poll now... or else!!!

As for my thoughts, obviously I think they should stick to the same plan they had last year! There's really no difference between a press conference and Nintendo directs anyway, asside from the latter being cheaper, easier, and mistake free! The media coverage will report the news all the same, and E3 attendees will still be able to play the newest game, only they wont be the only ones anymore! Well it's still limited to NA, specifically the US and Canada, but that's still leagues better than just E3 alone! I don't know about you all but I'm itching to play the new Smash Bros. game!

Around the Network

I want them not to be there, so I can watch the internet shit itself.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

To have actual release dates instead of "Its gonna release sometime next year or sometime with in 6 months, Please Understand"

Maybe a peak at the real Zelda U but I am getting my hopes up too high
And also a peak at SMT X FE but again hopes up too high

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Gnac said:

I want them not to be there, so I can watch the internet shit itself.

Too bad they will be there!

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

To have actual release dates instead of "Its gonna release sometime next year or sometime with in 6 months, Please Understand"

Maybe a peak at the real Zelda U but I am getting my hopes up too high
And also a peak at SMT X FE but again hopes up too high

Those are pretty reasonable expectations actually, as they already said Zelda U would be shown which is believable since they almost showed it last year, and it's been over a year since we last heard from SMTxFE.

Around the Network

Nintendo has to have a showing at E3 this year, skipping it two years in a row would be a ridiculous misstep and give the impression that they are raising a white flag in regards to the wii u. They may get some press from their nintendo directs but the reach isn't the same. The media will report on it of course, but mostly just snippets, the purpose of a big E3 press conference is to capture the imagination of the media to progress the hype, often with ancillary bs and lies but such is the nature of the beast.

Nintendo directs are great for the core audience that is already supporting them but they will be hard pressed to expand their install base with directs alone.

cheshirescat said:
[...]skipping it two years in a row would be a ridiculous misstep and give the impression that they are raising a white flag [...]

People will think that regardless of what they do - when in fact, the reality is that they are actually pretty fucking BASED.

Just not the sort of based a lot of people need right now.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

cheshirescat said:
skipping it two years in a row

How could they skip it two years in a row when they never skipped it in the first place? E3 =/= press conference only. And can you explain how the reach isn't the same? Didn't seem any different on IGN, Youtube, and the likes.

The most important thing they should do to save Wii U is cut $100 off the system.

Definitely a traditional conference.