By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Do You Want Nintendo To Do E3 This Year? <(^_^<)

So how should they do it!?

Like last year! (directs ... 53 19.06%

Traditionally! (press conference) 203 73.02%

Something else! (post explanation) 18 6.47%

Total:274
cusman said:
Nintendo has accepted that they can't compete with MS or Sony directly so I don't expect them at E3 with a press conference.

But I think they will have Mario Kart and Smash Bros and whatever other game they want to promote on the floor space for people to try themselves. Hopefully they will do another Best Buy E3 experience like last year.

lol, I hope Mario Kart 8 wont be there!

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
I don't care what they do, they can have Iwata broadcast to us from a sewage plant for all I care. All I want is that they actually have a really good E3. Is that really too much to ask, Nintendo? You used to be able to do it, what happened?

What was so bad about last years E3!?

If they had their own press conference aired online at the same time that E3 is happening, it'd pretty much be the same to everyone who isn't actually at the conference.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

If they do just a Direct, I can't really feel their presence at E3... They need to get Reggie and Iwata on stage, and not just through a stale camera with white background... They need to show their points to all journalists there so that they get the hype through all news channels.

Do a conference Nintendo.

Yep.

kekrot said:
If they do just a Direct, I can't really feel their presence at E3... They need to get Reggie and Iwata on stage, and not just through a stale camera with white background... They need to show their points to all journalists there so that they get the hype through all news channels.

Do a conference Nintendo.

Was there really any less media coverage last year than years before it? I certainly didn't notice a difference, and even if it was less, the average joe being able to talk about their experiences from the hands on events coulda made up for it.

Around the Network

They should give out free Helix Fossils. And make a live Omanyte and Omastar robotics walking around the E3 building. Everyone will be too distracted by the holiness.

I'm going to write out a "Dream" E3 from Nintendo. It is not as nrealistic as some, but I do not expect this to actually happen.

It would be a Nintendo Direct. I honestly preferred 2013's ND-based E3 to the prior two years, thanks to the fact that not everything has to be live on a big screen and stage. Nintendo should still present their stuff; just on the showfloor. Also, I'm going to assume a Morning June 11 presentation.

0:00 - Start off the show by saying welcome to everybody. Talk about gaming and Nintendo to hype people up in general.

0:02 - Then, show some big trailer for a game never before officially shown. Preferably Zelda U, but alternatives include some new game from Retro, a console Pokemon RPG, or whatever. It just has to be headline news, even by E3 standards, preferably with pretty graphics. For the purpose of this "simulation," let's go with Zelda U.

0:04 - Switch the camera over to Aounuma and/or Miyamoto. Have them demonstrate the game, and explain why this Zelda is a bigger deal than any since Ocarina. Try to include showing one thing that can't be done on rival consoles while still having pretty 1080p graphics. Announce that the game is due for a 2015 release.

0:13 - Just as people are disappointed by Zelda U's late release, announce that there is much more Zelda news to be had.

0:14 - First, a new trailer of Hyrule Warriors, including new features. Announce a 2014 release date, preferably worldwide. Include a chat with the Warriors team, showing that Nintendo is not entirely insular.

0:19 - Next, reveal one of the big holiday titles for the 3DS: Majora's Mask 3D. Basically, the game gets a similar treatment as OoT did in 2011, but "more is to be revealed at a later date." By this, I mean the game ought to have extra stuff after three years of waiting, but I digress.

0:22 - From Majora's Mask 3D, we shift over to the 3DS for a little while, preferably for at about half an hour. Announce that the next while will focus on the 3DS. Also announce a super edition 3DS bundle, containing both OoT 3D and Majora's Mask 3D for $200. Just make it a green 3DS with the triforce and stuff on it.

0:23 - This section should include two BIG Nintendo games. Start with a trailer for the hypothesized Super Mario 3D Land 2. It includes things like multiplayer, Miiverse support, more expansive levels, more levels in general, etc. Also throw in Yoshi, whose year is overdue for an announcement.

0:29 - Focus on some smaller Nintendo title. It could be some Pokemon spinoff featuring G6 characters, like Rumble Blast 2 or something. Devote fairly little time to this.

0:32 - Time for a third party montage! Maybe include something like 8 games, including 20 seconds of footage for each. Include games like Theatrhythm: Curtain Call, Persona Q, Harvest Moon Eleventy, King of Pirates, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Sonic Boom, and some promising licensed games.

0:36 - Another montage, this time for eShop games! This one can be a bit shorter. Same number of games, but only about 15 seconds of footage for each. Include Inafune's Mega Man ripoff(s), Denpa Men 3, Shantae 3, Treasurenauts, Moon Chronicles, etc.

0:39 - Super Smash Bros links the conference back from the 3DS to the Wii U. Show off some all-new features (possibly an extension of the online features of Mario Kart 7 and/or 8 for example), a new character or two, and a release window narrower than 2014. Also, announce that the game will be playable on the show floor. Include an interview or two. This should take a large portion of the conference, considering that it will be the biggest Wii U game shown all day.

0:50 - Next up is more Wii U games. First, a trailer for Bayonetta 2, with a tighter release date mentioned at the end.

0:55 - Then, show off some more of X. I only need a couple of minutes. Don't deny me my X!

1:00 - Moving back to Nintendo staples, Yarn Yoshi should be ready to show off again by E3. I'm thinking it should be out in time for the holidays, so give it a bit of extra time to discuss.

1:07 - At long last, show some actual footage of that SMT and Fire Emblem crossover, just to prove it exists. No release date is necessary! Just assure us of its existence.

1:10 - Mario Party 10 gets announced. It would cause groans, but I want a Mario party game for the Wii U. Maybe there could be some clever use of the Gamepad so that one player manages the game like a dungeonmaster while 4 other players run around in it? That alone could make this the best Mario Party since the N64 days.

1:15 - Third Party Montage time. This might be a bit difficult, but I'm fairly sure Nintendo can show 30 seconds of six 3rd party retail games for the Wii U coming in the second half of 2014. Include Watch Dogs, Sonic Boom, Call of Duty 11, Just Dance 2015, the next LEGO game, and two other titles.

1:18 - Indie montage time for the Wii U eShop. This is a chance to blow people away a bit. Include as many as 20 promising games, each running for 15 seconds. Present them in a way that displays diversity of styles and genres. Include both multiplatform and exclusive games, but emphasize the latter. Games shown may include Mighty No. 9, Shantae for consoles, Oddworld, Guacamelee, some of those Unity games, A Hat in Time, Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures, etc.

1:23 - "Finally, today we would like to announce a new policy." Nintendo announces something non-game related that improves the eShop on functionality of the Wii U or whatever.

1:28 - "Thank you, and..."

1:29 - Suddenly, Iwata looks to the side and is gently pushed aside by somebody else. This person then proceeds to drop a 3rd party bombshell, such as some huge multiplat game (Final Fantasy 15?) is also coming to the Wii U. Furthermore, it will be playable on the show floor in five minutes. And only at the Nintendo booth.

1:36 - The show actually ends.

1:40 - Nintendo executives pray to the social media gods and pay off whoever was necessary to get that port, ala Microsoft with FF13.

Nintendo's Q3/Q4 Lineup is thus:

• Bayonetta 2
  • Hyrule Warriors
  • Majora's Mask 3D
  • Pokemon spinoff
  • Super Mario 3D World 2
  • Super Smash Bros 4
  • Yarn Yoshi

Not a terrible lineup (I see two possible 90+ games), but not an overly enthusiastic one either. Honestly, the only part where I think I pushed reality was the last part where somebody agrees to port a game to the Wii U.

Love and tolerate.

BasilZero said:
Just announce the next Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby or Donkey Kong - as long as they do that, dont care how they do their shows.

No! No more Donkey Kong! I'd argue no more Kirby as well, unless it's a fully 3D one for the Wii U. That'd be a first for the series. And no more Pokemon unless it's that Pokken Tournament game for the Wii U. And no more Mario unless it's a true 3D Mario. And they can talk more about Hyrule Warriors, but they better also announce Zelda U!

What would really make me happy would be a Metroid U and Metroid 3DS announcement. Or Star Fox, but that won't happen.

They need to be there on stage so we can have a reaction like this when they reveal Zelda WiiU

I wanna hear the crowd scream! =D

Pocky Lover Boy!