By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - $250 Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle. Will It Happen!? <(^_^<)

So will it?

Heck yeah!!! 75 49.02%

Naw mawn... 78 50.98%

Total:153
Olivernintentoal said:
They'll definitely bundle it sometime if not right away, but they won't drop the price another $50. They're already losing money with each unit sold as it is.

Just like with the first price cut.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Why cut it to $250 and bundle it with probably the biggest game (or 2nd) on WiiU?

*facepalm*

Einsam_Delphin said:
AZWification said:

A Mario Kart 8 bundle would make  Wii U sales skyrocket by 900000000000% and that's why Nintendo won't release a bundle like that one.

Cmon, Nintendo isn't that dumb! They surely realize by now that MK8 is likely their last chance to change the Wii U's trajectory. They'll have two more months time to think about this too since nothing else is going on with the Wii U until then.

Yes, they are.

Click HERE and be happy 

I don't think it will happen, sadly.

AZWification said:

A Mario Kart 8 bundle would make  Wii U sales skyrocket by 900000000000% and that's why Nintendo won't release a bundle like that one.

I think Nintendo will announce a Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle (for $299 still I think) closer to the release date.

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

Around the Network

A 300$ Mario Kart 8 bundle will happen.

You can decipher what that means for this hopeful 250$ bundle.

Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Why cut it to $250 and bundle it with probably the biggest game (or 2nd) on WiiU?

*facepalm*

yes, im starting to think your just not listening. They are LOSING MONEY, with MK8 they're system seller, they can make a profit+ sell more wiiu's then not making a dollar if priced at $250.

Yes they can sell an extra 1mil wiiu's overall but not make a dollar off of it.

Example: Total sales add (from release) for a month of sales WW. (each bundle is digital)

$300 with MK8: They sell 500k. make a loss on each about $30, they lost $1.5mil 

$250 with MK8 They sell 800k. make a loss on each about $80, they lost $6.4mil

obviously with $250 more SW sales will come cuz of a higher userbase but come on.

It would move consoles no doubt, but Nintendo is more worried about profit margins then they are about the console race. I can see a Mario Kart bundle with possible digital copies of NSMBU or NIntendo Land thrown in, but at $299. I don't think it would be in their best interest to have a price cut with the release of their most anticipated game (arguably). The game itself will move consoles. Just not what everyone is hoping or expecting.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

JWeinCom said:
I can't see this happening. Yes, hardware sales are important, but not losing money is more important.

I agree that they likely won't do it, but while I wouldn't have contested this line of thinking at all a year ago, WiiU's sales are so grim presently that losing a bit more money on the hardware in favor of moving more software may be the lesser of two evils at this point.  I say this because even now at $299 the WiiU is still about one hundred smackers more than the traditional launch price for Ninty hardware.

I think we can all agree that at the very least a Mario Kart 8 bundle at $299 is practically a given.  The problem is that WiiU really needs a one-two punch to have a major impact.  If they were to introduce a MK bundle and drop their bundle prices to $249 upon its release in May, they wouldn't need another price drop for a long, long while and hopefully the increase in software sales that would result would help to offset the losses they'd incur.

Not unless the production price for Wii U goes down significantly somehow before the end of May. Nintendo was losing money back when they were selling the console by itself for $300; dropping the price for the console by essentially $110 (assuming Mario Kart costs $60), would put them at an even worse position than they're in already.