Making me cry 1 0.68%

A multi national corporat... 15 10.27%

Big 5 3.42%

Little 0 0%

Dead 7 4.79%

Total:146
the-pi-guy said:
DarkD said:
I think Sony is alienating their markets by making all these weird divisions. My brother bought a PS3 and still doesn't know how to use the menu system that comes with it... Not to mention I had to explain that Laser activated button to everyone who tries using it.... I assume PS4 continues using that god awful mess of a system.

So you have to pay for each of those features separately? I can imagine there are worse offenders, but yea Sony is probably tacking on extra costs that could be bundled into the PS+ subscription. I think this is more for the developers than anything. On PC they have to swallow network costs themselves as well as many other costs I'm sure. That's one of the advantages of developing on consoles, they help subsidize the costs of all that.

1.)What wierd divisions?  

2.) How old is he? 

3.) Laser activated button is?

4.) What features are we talking about that have to be paid for separately?

1) The ones talking about in the opening.  He used the word fragment, I used the word division.  Is english your second language?

2) He's older than me, almost 30.  He just isn't good with tech.  

3) The power button....  Do you not own a PS3?  You know you hold your finger over the sensor and ...  You ....  Didn't realise I meant sensor.  Although I am pretty sure it's done with lasers...

4) I put question marks after that part because I don't know about the PS4 parts.  I'm assuming that PSNow and PS+ and all the other crap talked about in the opening require different subscriptions otherwise that would make this thread rather pointless.

Around the Network

Laser is light. I doubt the power button is light. And wtf, someone doesnt try to push the universal power symbol to turn on/off something? Sounds like a problem with the user and not the product. No one knows what model PsNow will take. So yes, the thread is pointless and a fail trolling attempt (point to "playstation gives sony lols" comment from OP as evidence)

DarkD said:
the-pi-guy said:
DarkD said:
I think Sony is alienating their markets by making all these weird divisions. My brother bought a PS3 and still doesn't know how to use the menu system that comes with it... Not to mention I had to explain that Laser activated button to everyone who tries using it.... I assume PS4 continues using that god awful mess of a system.

So you have to pay for each of those features separately? I can imagine there are worse offenders, but yea Sony is probably tacking on extra costs that could be bundled into the PS+ subscription. I think this is more for the developers than anything. On PC they have to swallow network costs themselves as well as many other costs I'm sure. That's one of the advantages of developing on consoles, they help subsidize the costs of all that.

1.)What wierd divisions?  

2.) How old is he? 

3.) Laser activated button is?

4.) What features are we talking about that have to be paid for separately?

1) The ones talking about in the opening.  He used the word fragment, I used the word division.  Is english your second language?

2) He's older than me, almost 30.  He just isn't good with tech.  

3) The power button....  Do you not own a PS3?  You know you hold your finger over the sensor and ...  You ....  Didn't realise I meant sensor.  Although I am pretty sure it's done with lasers...

4) I put question marks after that part because I don't know about the PS4 parts.  I'm assuming that PSNow and PS+ and all the other crap talked about in the opening require different subscriptions otherwise that would make this thread rather pointless.

not one thing in the OP is a division, they are all products and services.  Maybe before you insult someone, you should atleast use the correct word.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

fireburn95 said:
Conina said:
fireburn95 said:

Too many things at once, cant be healthy?

Playstation 3
Playstation 4
Playstation vita
Playstation Plus
Playstation Mobile (DOA? or DBA?)
Playstation Now
Playstation VR
Playstation Vita TV
Playstation Move (Never gonna give you uuuup)
Playstation original programming content malarky doohicky

Too many things, Sony, bro, chill a little.

Nintendo is also fragmenting their market:

• Wii U
  • 3DS
  • BC for Wii and DS games
  • 3 seperate shops (Wii, Wii U, 3DS)
  • Wii points card, Nintendo points card, , Nintendo eShop cards, Club Nintendo Points, Club Nintendo Stars
  • Virtual Console, DSi Ware
  • many different controllers to support (Tablet controller, Pro controller, Wii remote, Nunchuk, Wii Fit balance board, MK8 racing wheel)
  • asymmetric gameplay
  • dual screen + single screen gaming
  • Miiverse, StreetPass, SpotPass, Step Counter
  • overcomplicated data transfer procedures since they can't be bothered with conveniant account systems

Too many things, Big N, chill a little.

I was talking about the seperate entities/services they offer and that they have to create games for, 7 of those in my list require games to be made or adapted for it.

They have to actively support 2 platforms: PS4 and Vita... PSP and PS3 will still be options for third party releases, but Sony will not invest much money in new software or new features for them. PS Mobile is another platform they only have to maintain for third parties, they don't have to invest in own content for it.

Move and VR are only input and output variations for PS4 games, no separate platforms. Just like Kinect games or Smartglass for Xbox or the option to use a Pro controller, Wii remote, Nunchuk, Wii Fit balance board or racing wheel on the Wii U. Vita TV also is no separate platform from the handheld Vita, only some input tweaks are necessary.

All Playstation platforms have a combined store. If you have a SEN/PSN-account, it works on every PS-platform, if you buy a PSN gift card, it can be used for games (and music and movies) on every PS-platform. Nintendo has seperate shops for every platform... they try to fix it, but it is still a mess: you can buy Wii points card, Nintendo points cards and Nintendo eShop cards, and not every card works on every platform.

PS+ is no own platform and no own shop... it is just a subscription service and part of the PSN/SEN... no separate games have to be made or adjusted for PS+.  PS Now also will not get its own games... it's just another way to get Playstation games (which are already there) to the players.

This is either an especially dull joke thread or completely asinine.

Either way, locking.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

But all of it is gaming so no problem is not like they are launching Playstation Shoes and Playstation Toilet paper