A multi national corporat... 15 10.27%

Big 5 3.42%

Little 0 0%

Dead 7 4.79%

Total:146

Isn't this what happened to SEGA?

Around the Network
EB1994 said:
PS3 is 8 years old and PS Now/VR aren't even out yet.

They should call the PS Now, PS Not Right Now.  Atleast until it releases :P.

CleggaZ said:
Isn't this what happened to SEGA?

Sega, while they had great games, just never were able to produce the right hardware. Their eyes were always too big for their stomach.

IE; sega's handheld was in color, but used like 6 AAA batteries and died in like 4 hours.
Sega CD wasn't even that much more powerful, it was just a different format.
Sega 32x had literally no gaems.
Saturn had games but the hardware was crazy expensive.
The only system they ever struck the right balance on was dreamcast (talking post genesis)
By then, playstation just ate everything.

All the playstation products are very affordable, good hardware, great games, lots of dev support, strong userbase.

It's like the complete opposite of sega. (aside from the great games, sega had those too)

I think you need to go back to the dictionary phase of your thread making and look up fragmenting.

For other companies(like Nintendo which shall not be named) this would fragment the system because everything has their own ecosystem. But Sony managed to streamline everything into one big ecosystem so it's really nice. The more Sony stuff you own, the more you can profit of everything.

For example getting 5 free games every month from PS+ for owning a PS3, Vita and PS4 :)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think Sony is alienating their markets by making all these weird divisions. My brother bought a PS3 and still doesn't know how to use the menu system that comes with it... Not to mention I had to explain that Laser activated button to everyone who tries using it.... I assume PS4 continues using that god awful mess of a system.

So you have to pay for each of those features separately? I can imagine there are worse offenders, but yea Sony is probably tacking on extra costs that could be bundled into the PS+ subscription. I think this is more for the developers than anything. On PC they have to swallow network costs themselves as well as many other costs I'm sure. That's one of the advantages of developing on consoles, they help subsidize the costs of all that.

Around the Network
fireburn95 said:

Too many things at once, cant be healthy?

Playstation 3
Playstation 4
Playstation vita
Playstation Plus
Playstation Mobile (DOA? or DBA?)
Playstation Now
Playstation VR
Playstation Vita TV
Playstation Move (Never gonna give you uuuup)
Playstation original programming content malarky doohicky

Too many things, Sony, bro, chill a little.

Nintendo is also fragmenting their market:

• Wii U
  • 3DS
  • BC for Wii and DS games
  • 3 seperate shops (Wii, Wii U, 3DS)
  • Wii points card, Nintendo points card, , Nintendo eShop cards, Club Nintendo Points, Club Nintendo Stars
  • Virtual Console, DSi Ware
  • many different controllers to support (Tablet controller, Pro controller, Wii remote, Nunchuk, Wii Fit balance board, MK8 racing wheel)
  • asymmetric gameplay
  • dual screen + single screen gaming
  • Miiverse, StreetPass, SpotPass, Step Counter
  • overcomplicated data transfer procedures since they can't be bothered with conveniant account systems

Too many things, Big N, chill a little.

I have no problem with Sony bringing out new things, but I wish they would offer more support for thier offerings.

Love or hate Kinect, at least MS is supporting the damn contraption. Sony hasn't released jack sh*t for the Move in quite a while. Where is 3d support for their games?? Competent Vita support? That 3d dual view monitor thing.

Its like Sony brings a product to the market and it either is successful with tons of support or they seem to just sweep it under the rug in a very short time.

I'm very skeptical about Gakai and Morpheus. I'm sure Gakai will be flush with old catalog games, but if it doesn't catch on will we be stuck with very basic Ps1 and Ps2 offerings? Morpheus will be expensive and I'm afraid it won't get proper 3rd party support which will mean Sony will bring out a few games and then we will be stuck with a drought until their next peripheral.

I guess I'm a bit jaded, but the PS move (which I bought) has to be the most neglected piece of tech I think I've ever owned.

Conina said:
fireburn95 said:

Too many things at once, cant be healthy?

Playstation 3
Playstation 4
Playstation vita
Playstation Plus
Playstation Mobile (DOA? or DBA?)
Playstation Now
Playstation VR
Playstation Vita TV
Playstation Move (Never gonna give you uuuup)
Playstation original programming content malarky doohicky

Too many things, Sony, bro, chill a little.

Nintendo is also fragmenting their market:

• Wii U
  • 3DS
  • BC for Wii and DS games
  • 3 seperate shops (Wii, Wii U, 3DS)
  • Wii points card, Nintendo points card, , Nintendo eShop cards, Club Nintendo Points, Club Nintendo Stars
  • Virtual Console, DSi Ware
  • many different controllers to support (Tablet controller, Pro controller, Wii remote, Nunchuk, Wii Fit balance board, MK8 racing wheel)
  • asymmetric gameplay
  • dual screen + single screen gaming
  • Miiverse, StreetPass, SpotPass, Step Counter
  • overcomplicated data transfer procedures since they can't be bothered with conveniant account systems

Too many things, Big N, chill a little.

I was talking about the seperate entities/services they offer and that they have to create games for, 7 of those in my list require games to be made or adapted for it.

The "playstation gives sony lolz" comment really shows the intentions of the tread

WiiU
Wii
DS
3DS
3DS XL
2DS
QOL
Wiimote
Balance Board

Woah chill out Nintendo.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!