By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So when was the last time a game really blew you away?

Tagged games:

DevilRising said:
Kane1389 said:
In this thread we find out who hasnt played the last of us yet xD

Or perhaps people for whom that kind of game simply isn't their style? *shrugs*

Nope, you're wrong

Around the Network

Dark Souls was the last game that really blew me away. I am liking Dark Souls 2 a lot but nothing will beat my experience with the first game.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I almost agree with OP about Pikmin 3, that game basically ate my life for a week. I don't know if I'd describe the experience as being "blown away", though. The Pikmin games are a bit more subtle than that, which is why I like them - they're not really about those "whooooa" moments so much as they're about lots of subtle, loving attention to detail. That's my kind of game.

In terms of a game that really had that WOW factor, I'd honestly say Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is the most recent example. Tons of neat visual flourishes, inspired artistic direction, killer soundtrack. The last game before that would have probably been Xenoblade.

Wind Waker HD. The original was my favourite Zelda, but the remake is simply stunning. The graphics are beautiful, and the cel-shading has never looked more vibrant. It was amazing what they did with the game.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

either BioShock Infinite or Grand Theft Auto V, both for their world design. Infinite for the game word's atmosphere and feeling, GTA for the game world's scope.

also XCOM: Enemy Unknown for sheer addiction.  it's weird though because the game is so frustratingly difficult to the point where you want to quit playing but you can't, you have to keep going for more.  it's like a dangerous drug addiction.

Around the Network

The Last of Us was the last time I felt in awe of a game. It was such a well crafted experience and when I got to Winter I remember thinking "This is truly something special". Very rare for me to be that enthralled by an experience and staggering it was possible on PS3 tech.

Probably Fire Emblem: Awakening for me...I got it week 1 (which is a very rare thing for me) and loved every second of it. I was not expecting to get as deeply involved as I got @.@

After that, I ran into some disappointments and a few great games that were exactly what I expected. Fire Emblem definitely blew me away though...

Super Meat Boy, I still can't get over how absolutely perfect it is.

For me it was Halo3 and 1st bio shock on 360

And

God of war 3 than Uncharted 2 than Last of us and than gta5 on ps3

Kane1389 said:
In this thread we find out who hasnt played the last of us yet xD

Just to let you know, your tagline needs to be updated. 

"Our Helix,

Who art in fossil.

Hallowed be your shell, Your evolution come,Your will be done In Kanto, as it is in Sinnoh, Give us this day our daily gym badge, And forgive us our start spam, As we have forgiven those who pressed down on the ledge, And lead us not into the way of the domed one, But deliver us from Eevee, For thine is the move-set, the rare candy,and the SS Anne ticket. Amen"