By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So when was the last time a game really blew you away?

Tagged games:

The Last of Us - I have never felt so content in my entire gaming life. I regard it as the culmination of the 7th generation of gaming if not ever. It set a new standard for the 8th generation and is the quality that every developer should strive to achieve, absolute perfection.

Around the Network

In this thread we find out who hasnt played the last of us yet xD

Uncharted 2

I hadnt played Uncharted 1.
II was just watching it on the couch at a friends house and I couldnt believe how good the game is when I started to play it myself. Playing the game in first person mode made this 3rd person game an arcade shooter. Thats what amazed me the most.

Last time before this game that I was blown away was by Metal Gear Solid.
So it had been a while.

''Hadouken!''

Kane1389 said:

Or perhaps people for whom that kind of game simply isn't their style? *shrugs*

Kane1389 said:

Yeah, I havent played it yet. A friend of mine said "it changed his life". He was gonna lend me his PS3 so that I could play it but Im just too busy right now.  :(

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network

1. Bioshock
2. Crysis
3. God of War 3

There wasn't too much particularly "blew" me away in the 7th gen.

Ridge Racer 6 on 360 did, then stuff like Bioshock was fantastic. But for the last true "OMG WTF!?" moment in a video game for me, I would have to go all the way back to 1999 and the very first Action Stage of Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast.

There have been impressive things since, but nothing that truly blew me away like that did.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

curl-6 said:
The Black Betty level in Rayman Legends.
It was so ridiculously awesome I had this massive grin plastered on my face for the rest of the day. It's one of the single coolest things I've ever seen in ANY game.

Agreed. It sure was awesome. I still play it from time to time months after having beaten the main game. 

The last time would be Dark souls 2. The gameplay has blown me again yet again.
Before that story in Left behind, before that sound design in KZ:SF, before that flower HD upgraded visuals, before that sound design in Resogun. Last few months have been great.

Killzone Shadow Fall. It gets a ton of flak for some reason, but I enjoyed the campaign quite a bit (only other one I ever played was Killzone Mercenary) and it had many moments that just made me go "wow".

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD