By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So when was the last time a game really blew you away?

Tagged games:

Little Big Planet, truly blew me away.

Around the Network

I am a bit behind on current games right now, but the most recent game that comes to mind as immediately blowing me away was Wii Sports Resort. I jumped into the sword fighting games and was floored by the new functionality. I spent a lot of time with that game.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

3D world most recently, before that Xenoblade/MHTtri and RE:Revelations on 3DS

The Black Betty level in Rayman Legends.
It was so ridiculously awesome I had this massive grin plastered on my face for the rest of the day. It's one of the single coolest things I've ever seen in ANY game.

Hmm I get blown away pretty easy. I'm probably as unpicky as they get.

My most recent example is The Banner Saga. Fantastic game

Around the Network

Limbo, my favorite game of all-time [at the moment]

Nem said:
Actually it was the game i finished yesterday. Metal Gear Solid 4.

Boring in the first 3 chapters, but the rest... wow. Things you dont see on any other game. Nostalgia played to perfection, innovations like a cut-scene and gameplay happening side by side. It really showed the power of the PS3.

This was the first game of the gen that completely blew me away.  To this day I haven't seen a game meld cutscenes and gameplay perfectly.  I mean, getting to Laughing Octopus for the first time, and then the hud pops up and it's boss time.  My reaction was "Next Gen is here". Then next gen went away until Uncharted 2 came out cause most games sucked in between.  Then again until The Last of Us.

To answer Lewis, the last time I was blown away was The Last of Us.  Probably going to be that way until Phantom Pain comes out.

Mass effect 2 and 3, THE UNIVERS in this world just KILL me :D

I've been playing Metroid Fusion the last couple of days, and to say the least, I've been really blown away because of how scary and creepy it is. I first got it on 3DS in 2011 but didn't play it much, until a few days ago when I decided to give it another shot. Excpected no more than a run of the mill style Metroid game, since it looked a little generic to me. Boy I was wrong.

My heart has never pumped so fast while gaming each encounter with SA-X. The creepiest Metroid game I've played.

Yep.

Twilight Princess, the GC version, all the way back in 2006.........