By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So when was the last time a game really blew you away?

Tagged games:

SubiyaCryolite said:
Nem said:
Actually it was the game i finished yesterday. Metal Gear Solid 4.

Boring in the first 3 chapters, but the rest... wow. Things you dont see on any other game. Nostalgia played to perfection, innovations like a cut-scene and gameplay happening side by side. It really showed the power of the PS3.

Final Fantasy VIII?

Yeah, a couple of moments popped into my head like Indigo Prophecy that used that technique.  I didn't want to rob him of his moment.

Around the Network

Mass Effect 2. Don't get me wrong, I've played many great games since, but ME2 completely floored me.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I've never been a fan of 2D Zelda games, but this one totally changed my mind and blew me away. Loved it and now trying to play through A Link to the Past on Wii U VC.

Before that though, it would have been Fire Emblem: Awakening at the beginning of last year. I had no interest in it...but I played the demo and enjoyed it so I figured I'd give it a shot. Wound up being in my top 3 games of all time. Just a masterpiece.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

GoW III Blew me up.
P3P blew me up too, I was intending to have few hours of some rpg that I'll forget the next day. *My avatar says it all*
And South Park recently, I thought it would be another dumb game derived from a movie/series. I was completely wrong.

Titanfall. Loading up Boneyard and Lagoon, or dropping my first Ogre titan.

Bioshock. Just an incredible experience from start to finish.

Red Dead Redemption. Some of the missions were just stupid, but overall what a game.

CoD4. Amazing MP experience.

Red Faction Guerrilla. You mean there is a mode where each team has a huge, difficult to destroy building and the goal is to demolish the other teams first? Wow.

Saints Row 2. GTA who?

Mass Effect. An amazing space RPG with a great story. Too bad the sequels simplified everything and made it an action shooter.

Dead Rising 3. I didn't enjoy the game much overall, but it was insane to turn a corner and just see hundreds of zombies on screen. Really next gen.

There are probably more from last gen.

Around the Network

I've finally played through Super Metroid. Enough said.

Mario 3D World

but the one that really blew my mind was Ocarina of time and Mario 64.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

18 years ago. The very first Tomb Raider. The way you could manouver her and the level of detail everywhere was stunning.
After that it was very much same ol', same ol'.
And I do not feel we have gotten that much further since.
Still the things you can interact with are visually marked (flashing, outlined or the like).
Still you can only reach places that the game developer has decided you can reach (some games has evolved beyond this: GTA, AC, Just Cause)
Still graphics very much rely on dark surrondings to look "realistic".

And also the same year Mario 64.

If this was the future of gaming imagine how much fun we would have in the year 2014.........

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Turned out better than I expected, and I enjoyed pretty much everything about that game.

The Banner Saga. Sensational artwork, sublime music, exciting story and cool combat.