By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why such a huge gap in quality between Playstation and Xbox exclusives?

Well I can see this as a instigation off the bat and will respond in kind. Basically you are saying that Sony has better and more dedicated 1st party studios then MS. Ok....congrats? I will say this: Naughty Dog carries Sony. They do great stuff.

90+, 80-89, 70-79.....360 has more games in every category. I would gladly take exclusives of Xbox over PS3 any day. I know....extremely controversial to say that lol.

That said, it was a shame PS gamers didn't show enough respect to their exclusives. They talked more then they bought them. Just did a quick check and it shows Halo ODST sold roughly on par with Uncharted 2 and 3.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:
I learned a while go that if the monotonous Fable/Forza/Halo/Gears cycle isn't for you, you shouldn't really bother with an X1. Sony just has much more variety and their first party are actually great. MS' first party are just game farms for specific franchises.

I wouldn't count out XBLA. It consistently delievered more numerically and critically every year. Basically where MS couldn't sustain the AAA retail effort, they focused resources on XBLA instead. Shame they were largely overlooked by the larger gaming community because Sony was still releasing more AAA retail in the last few years.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
wary-wallaroo said:
I learned a while go that if the monotonous Fable/Forza/Halo/Gears cycle isn't for you, you shouldn't really bother with an X1. Sony just has much more variety and their first party are actually great. MS' first party are just game farms for specific franchises.

I wouldn't count out XBLA. It consistently delievered more numerically and critically every year. Basically where MS couldn't sustain the AAA retail effort, they focused resources on XBLA instead. Shame they were largely overlooked by the larger gaming community because Sony was still releasing more AAA retail in the last few years.

XBLA games don't count remember? But indies on the other hand....

iceland said:
sales2099 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

XBLA games don't count remember? But indies on the other hand....

lol they are the same!

sales2099 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

See THIS is the Sales I know and respect. THe guy who consistently shot down this argument all the time. While Sony may have had more/better rated RETAIL exclusives when you count EVERYTHING the system had to ffer( which you should obiviously even though people tend not to do so just to fit their agendas) the 360 had a better library than the PS3 as far as Metacritic ratings went.ANd even though I prefered the games on the PS3 more so than the 360 this FACT can not be denied. PS3 sure more RETAIl games and higher rated but as far as overall the 360 had more and better rated when XBLA is accounted for.

Now this is why in that other thread I had wrote you taht reply because you were leaving the indies and downlaodable/free titles on the PS4 out when you made sure to include them when debating the 360/PS3. And I was confused like man he can't just switch like that he should stick to his guns and ride it out! So when EVERYTHING the systems have to offer are taken in to consideration RIGHT NOW the PS4 and XB1 are basically tied on the games front. Maybe SLIGHTLY leanign towards the PS4 thanks to indies...

I can't stand the "cherry picking" of the VGC community at times(not you personally sales just kind of quoted you lol). Things only apply when it fits "agendas" that is so annoying for me personally. And the consistent bashing, bickering and console wars are no better my goodness folks...get a grip lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
sales2099 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

See THIS is the Sales I know and respect. THe guy who consistently shot down this argument all the time. While Sony may have had more/better rated RETAIL exclusives when you count EVERYTHING the system had to ffer( which you should obiviously even though people tend not to do so just to fit their agendas) the 360 had a better library than the PS3 as far as Metacritic ratings went.ANd even though I prefered the games on the PS3 more so than the 360 this FACT can not be denied. PS3 sure more RETAIl games and higher rated but as far as overall the 360 had more and better rated when XBLA is accounted for.

Now this is why in that other thread I had wrote you taht reply because you were leaving the indies and downlaodable/free titles on the PS4 out when you made sure to include them when debating the 360/PS3. And I was confused like man he can't just switch like that he should stick to his guns and ride it out! So when EVERYTHING the systems have to offer are taken in to consideration RIGHT NOW the PS4 and XB1 are basically tied on the games front. Maybe SLIGHTLY leanign towards the PS4 thanks to indies...

I can't stand the "cherry picking" of the VGC community at times(not you personally sales just kind of quoted you lol). Things only apply when it fits "agendas" that is so annoying for me personally. And the consistent bashing, bickering and console wars are no better my goodness folks...get a grip lol.

I am personally torn between my old principles that all games matter and adapting to the masses where people put the "allmighty retail AAA exclusive" above all else, especially indies. So apologies if you see me sway back and forth lol.

The gap is in quantity, not quality. You'll notice Xbox exclusives tend to sell more. 

Also bear in mind, the PS3 had almost nothing to play, other than multi-platform games, for almost the first 2 years. MS focussed on first party dev, and exclusivity deals - and most of it gained nothing. They started the generation with fantastic variety, and most games not targetting their core demo didn't take.

Likewise this gen, they're starting strong, with the better lineup (up to this point), but Sony has more first party devs for games later on in the pipeline.

sales2099 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
sales2099 said:
wary-wallaroo said:

I am personally torn between my old principles that all games matter and adapting to the masses where people put the "allmighty retail AAA exclusive" above all else, especially indies. So apologies if you see me sway back and forth lol.

you sway back of forth to suit your argument.

Remember yesterday when I named you 2 PS3 games not on XB1 (in reply to the 2 you mentioned which were not on PS3), and you claimed titanfall was bigger so it meant more?

But now you are talking about how smaller games get overlooked... LOL

Jereel Hunter said:

The gap is in quantity, not quality. You'll notice Xbox exclusives tend to sell more. 

Also bear in mind, the PS3 had almost nothing to play, other than multi-platform games, for almost the first 2 years. MS focussed on first party dev, and exclusivity deals - and most of it gained nothing. They started the generation with fantastic variety, and most games not targetting their core demo didn't take.

Likewise this gen, they're starting strong, with the better lineup (up to this point), but Sony has more first party devs for games later on in the pipeline.

the quantity is exactly why xbox exclusives sell more. The sales more more concentrated on the xbox exclusives whereas on PS3 they are scattered between more games.

Also just because PS games are not always catered to mass markets, doesnt mean they are worse. Killzone was not anywhere near as accessible as halo (or even multiplats like COD), so it makes sense that less people will play it. Technically though, it is miles ahead.

Jereel Hunter said:

So quality is decided by the sales of a game? And that the PS3 had nothing to play other than multiplat games for teh first 2 years is BS that I never understood. WHen they had games like MGS4, Resistance 1 and 2, Vallyria Chronicles, Motor Storm PR, MLB The Show Rachet and Clank, LBP, Naruto UNS, Folklore, GT: Prologe, Uncharted 1, Heavenly Sword etc and those are ALL exclusives so that no game stuff was just something others came up with.

This gen both started strong thanks to multiplat games and both have some decent exclusives so they are pretty much in the same boat right now if you ask me.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23