By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why such a huge gap in quality between Playstation and Xbox exclusives?

^ you might wanna rephrase that

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
^ you might wanna rephrase that

no thanks.......... i have not singled anyone out individually.

true_fan said:

Man is that all ps4 fans do is talk, you say MSFT doesn't take chances yet they had better launch titles and will have the better 2014 lineup.

Subjective

Also while sony is laying off internal studios, losing key developers, and cancelling new ips, XB1 has more games under development than ever before.

Sony has not closed any internal studio, but they have layed off some ~50 devs at SSM because of the new IP being cancelled (a new IP that was in development for ~4 years and we still didnt even know its name, so Sony tried for a long time to make it work apparently). And Xbone also had a New IP cancelled if you didnt know (Blacktusk's). The games industry always has people moving between studios. I also would expect that XB1 would have more games under development than ever before given that its just 5 months old.

Lastly, if ps4 fans are so happy, why are there petitions to bring Titanfall1, Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break to ps4.

There are literally petitions to bring every game ever to every platform ever. Literally.

Talk all you want but XB1 is bringing the games, sony is so desperate they are releasing 2 of their biggest titles in the first year while Halo5 and Fable is 2015 and GOW and Crackdown is 2016.

Halo, last MS acknowledged it, is still a 2014 release (and that is the BIGGEST you get in terms of IP for MS), Gears is being released a long time from now, but not because MS planned it, i bet they would have liked to launch this/next year. Forza, which, according to Xbox fans is a BIG franchise, launched WITH the console. Crackdown is not confirmed. And Fable has long lost its way unfortunately :(

ps4 fans don;t even support their games, hence why the XBOX exclusives outsell ps4 exclusives by a wide margin.

A funny myth, supported by the fact tha MS plays safe for the majority of the generation with Halo/Forza/Fable/Gears combo. Meaning they rely on franchises that sell big. Sony on the other hand experiments a lot more, some experiments are worth it, others are not. The Last of Us sold over 6 million btw, and that was a new Ip, at the very end of the gen, with a relatively risk concept. PS games sell very well, LBP, GOW, GT, Uncharted, TLOU, Infamous (kind of), Killzone (2 million on the ps4), etc.

2014 releases
PvZ, Titanfall, Project Spar, Kinect Sports Rivals, D4, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Halo 2>>>>>>>>>>deep down, driveclub, mlb, infamous, the order, uncharted.

That surely is your opinion and i respect it.

Try not to show your fanboism so much.

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
PenguinZ said:
Quantity... Sure.

Quality... Purely subjective.

Exactly

As a PS3 owner, most PS3 exclusives strike me as mediocre or, at best, decent.

Granted, X360 had fewer of them, and theirs were rarely much better, but the point is it's entirely a matter of opinion. There's no definitive "higher quality" on PS systems.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Obviously because I like their games. If I didn't like them no one would. I thought everyone knew that.

Wright said:
Zax said:
Wright said:

Hatin' on Crackdown but points out Heavenly Sword as quality.

Yeah.

I said Heavy Rain.

Best stealth edit I've ever seen in my life.

What the hell are you talking about? Why would I mention Heavenly Sword when I was talking about their variety and had already mentioned God of war? Heavy Rain was different which is why I mentioned that.

Maybe you should pay attention next time because I wasn't hating on Crackdown either.

Reading comprehension fail much.

true_fan said:

2014 releases
PvZ, Titanfall, Project Spar, Kinect Sports Rivals, D4, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Halo 2>>>>>>>>>>deep down, driveclub, mlb, infamous, the order, uncharted.

So.. all of these titles are better than those you've just discribed? You must be drunk.

Titanfall is an OK game. I'd give it 7.5 if I were to review it. And you compare it to THE ORDER.. who isn't even released yet?

UNCHARTED who, like it or not, won GOTY !! You must be drunk...

Also, tell me please how Kinect Sports is so awesome.. I own a XB1 and a PS4, please grace me with your knowledge and tell me how awesome is Kinect Sports Rivals.

I.. I.. I can't.. I can't even.. GOD this is hard.

Jay520 said:
Zax said:

Sure I guess but name me three Xbox exclusives games to rival The Last of Us, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Uncharted 2.

Also these games win readers choice awards so it's a matter of a huge scale not the opinion of just me.

It wouldn't matter how many people agreed with your opinion. It would still just be an opinion. Universality does not imply objectivity. Just because those three games got a lot of awards - i.e. were highly praised by "professional" gamers - does not imply that those games are inherently better games. There's no reason to believe Halo, Forza, etc. are objectively any worse than TLoU or Uncharted. 

So the title of your thread could be changed to "Why do Playstation exclusives cater to my tastes and other gamers tastes so much more than Xbox exclusives.", and then the answer would be more clear: you simply prefer Playstation styled exclusives. 

Sorry but that comment was pretty stupid, why are you pointing this out?

Anybody saying something is better than something else is always an opinion so why would I have to specifically point out it's people's opinions? You can't prove to me that The Last of Us is better than Big Rigs as a fact either.

All that matters is that to the majority of players they think more highly of PS3 exclusives than Xbox exclusives as do critics.

These to groups have decided that several PS3 exclusives were some of the best games of their year and the same groups rarely think the same about Xbox exclusives.

They "cater" more because people much prefer them because they are usually better.

I thought this thread would be in favor of Xbox. Because for the last 1 year+ Xbox has had better/more exclusives. Just looks at the PS4's weak lineup so far. Just Shadowfall and Knack, both poor games. And Titanfall has a highef metacritic than Infamous even allowing for the media's Sony bias.

Anyways, critics are paid. Ever notice only a Sony exclusive (TLOU) or at best a multiplatform can win GOTY?

A lot of year MS had way more exclusives, like 2010 I recall, but people just brush it under the rug and play up the PS exclusives more.

A good example is Beyond, didn't even sell or metacritic very well, yet it was dso hyped on firums, literally all I heard about (besides other PS exclusives) was that game for two years...

When even very mediocre exclusives like Beyond get hyped so much by fanboys, it seems like you have the more hypes lineup...

Hell, The Last Guardian literally probably has had one billion forum posts written about it in the last 5 years just for being Sony exclusive, and it doesn't even exist! That's taking it to a stunning new low.

For me, Xbox exclusives are MUCH better than Sony's. It's not even close. Just Halo series alone...almost no Sony exclusives are appealing. Also MS had like 10 exclusive JRPG's at the start of the gen versus zero for PS, and this guy has the nerve to list Ni No Kuni? LOL. So weird people are...

Anyways there's no debate Xbox One has the better and more exclusives than PS4 so far.