By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why such a huge gap in quality between Playstation and Xbox exclusives?

well, to be fair MS cant throw that much money to secure more exclusive titles. Besides, even if their franchise arent that well received by critics, those ip sell a lot more than Sony's so MS doesnt really need to invest in 1st party studios

Around the Network

It could be, you know, that Xbox fans do not prefer PS games to as high a degree as most reviewers. For example, Nintendo crushed Sega in alot of reviews, but some of us just don't like Nintendo games. Nothing strange with different tastes.

fallen said:

I thought this thread would be in favor of Xbox. Because for the last 1 year+ Xbox has had better/more exclusives. Just looks at the PS4's weak lineup so far. Just Shadowfall and Knack, both poor games. And Titanfall has a highef metacritic than Infamous even allowing for the media's Sony bias.

Anyways, critics are paid. Ever notice only a Sony exclusive (TLOU) or at best a multiplatform can win GOTY?

A lot of year MS had way more exclusives, like 2010 I recall, but people just brush it under the rug and play up the PS exclusives more.

A good example is Beyond, didn't even sell or metacritic very well, yet it was dso hyped on firums, literally all I heard about (besides other PS exclusives) was that game for two years...

When even very mediocre exclusives like Beyond get hyped so much by fanboys, it seems like you have the more hypes lineup...

Hell, The Last Guardian literally probably has had one billion forum posts written about it in the last 5 years just for being Sony exclusive, and it doesn't even exist! That's taking it to a stunning new low.

For me, Xbox exclusives are MUCH better than Sony's. It's not even close. Just Halo series alone...almost no Sony exclusives are appealing. Also MS had like 10 exclusive JRPG's at the start of the gen versus zero for PS, and this guy has the nerve to list Ni No Kuni? LOL. So weird people are...

Anyways there's no debate Xbox One has the better and more exclusives than PS4 so far.

You serious? No debate that Xbox has MORE and BETTER exclusives?

fallen said:

I thought this thread would be in favor of Xbox. Because for the last 1 year+ Xbox has had better/more exclusives. Just looks at the PS4's weak lineup so far. Just Shadowfall and Knack, both poor games. And Titanfall has a highef metacritic than Infamous even allowing for the media's Sony bias.

Anyways, critics are paid. Ever notice only a Sony exclusive (TLOU) or at best a multiplatform can win GOTY?

A lot of year MS had way more exclusives, like 2010 I recall, but people just brush it under the rug and play up the PS exclusives more.

A good example is Beyond, didn't even sell or metacritic very well, yet it was dso hyped on firums, literally all I heard about (besides other PS exclusives) was that game for two years...

When even very mediocre exclusives like Beyond get hyped so much by fanboys, it seems like you have the more hypes lineup...

Hell, The Last Guardian literally probably has had one billion forum posts written about it in the last 5 years just for being Sony exclusive, and it doesn't even exist! That's taking it to a stunning new low.

For me, Xbox exclusives are MUCH better than Sony's. It's not even close. Just Halo series alone...almost no Sony exclusives are appealing. Also MS had like 10 exclusive JRPG's at the start of the gen versus zero for PS, and this guy has the nerve to list Ni No Kuni? LOL. So weird people are...

Anyways there's no debate Xbox One has the better and more exclusives than PS4 so far.

Okay hold up I just read this entire thing...Sweet baby jesus where do I start...

All you heard about was Beyond for two years? The game was announced at E3 2012, and launched a little over a year later in 2013. So calm down with the hyperbole. 

Critics are paid and that's why only Sony exclusives win GOTY? Just...WTF? I don't even know how to reply to that one.

In 2010 Microsoft had more exclusives? A quick google search says you're WRONG!

2010 Microsoft published games - 

2010 Sony published games - 
The Last Guardian has had one billion forum posts in the last 5 years? Seriously, your hyperbole is hilarious, again!
And of course your last sentence which I already addressed...
I have never read a post as arrogant as that in my life. No offence, but you take this "console war" a bit too seriously. At least do some research before you try to post your opinion as a fact.

Zax said:
Wright said:
Zax said:

I said Heavy Rain.

Best stealth edit I've ever seen in my life.

What the hell are you talking about? Why would I mention Heavenly Sword when I was talking about their variety and had already mentioned God of war? Heavy Rain was different which is why I mentioned that.

Maybe you should pay attention next time because I wasn't hating on Crackdown either.

Reading comprehension fail much.

Obviously I exaggerated the hatin' bit, but still. I found hilarious that part.

You wrote Heavenly Rain and went and edit it to put Heavy Rain. It's not my fault that you wrote it wrong and lead to confusion. In fact, you could have admitted as much.

And don't deny it, because a user quoted your message and we can read it without your stealth edit.

Around the Network
Wright said:

Hatin' on Crackdown but points out Heavenly Sword as quality.

Yeah.

Crackdown was cool but Heavenly Sword was pretty awesome. 

Why do threads like this exist? I mean, I don't mind them exisiting but when they're presented as fact it leads to fanboy wars and mindless babble in place of honest discussion.

leo-j said:
etking said:
Knack vs Titanfall...

God of war vs any Xbox exclusive..... Uncharted vs any Xbox exclusive.... Lbp vs any Xbox exclusive... All those franchises are iconic.. And better than any Xbox franchise.. Halo being the only one that started off as good but fell apart in quality after 2

is this guy for real?

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

I learned a while go that if the monotonous Fable/Forza/Halo/Gears cycle isn't for you, you shouldn't really bother with an X1. Sony just has much more variety and their first party are actually great. MS' first party are just game farms for specific franchises.