By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why such a huge gap in quality between Playstation and Xbox exclusives?

Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wright said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Microsoft is only focused on games that sell which isn't always bad but shows that they are not creative in the slightest. It also keeps them from having new IP's and taking risks. Sony keeps the titles that sell well amd keep trying to make more every gen. That and when they try to make new IP's themselves they mostly fail.

Well, "only" in games that sell is an exaggeration.

Explain Microsofts lack of new IP's when they have more studios than Sony.

I have to count, but I think MS's First Party produced a comparable amount of games against First Party IP's Sony created throughout the seventh gen.

EDIT : Regarding your original comment, though, isn't now when MS has more studios? Or they had them at the beginning of the seventh gen?

No they didn't. This is why the media got on their case between 2010-2012.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Because metacritic? Honestly I do not know why so many people follow metacritic scores, when a game like GTA4 can get a 98.

This is actually  one of the reasons why I really don't take Metacritic seriously. GTA 4.. lol.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Zax said:

Exactly you misread. Nobody else misread no don't try to rub your failures off on to other people.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6168902

So much for "nobody else".

Zax said:

I don't care if you "explained" how I was hating on Crackdown because you're still wrong either way. All I said was that Crackdown never caught on which it didn't being that Crackdown 2 didn't sell that well and it ended the franchise.

However you somehow see this as me hating on the game itself hence why I keep telling you that you have poor reasing comprehension skills.

Crackdown caught enough to spawn a sequel (something Heavenly Sword didn't, though it did much better than the later's Enslaved even being multiplatform), and generated enough fanbase to ask for a third game. It didn't end the franchise. Hell, it still sold one million units. Take Dead Rising, for example. The first one on 360 sold two millions, the second one sold much less (I think it was 1.47 millions). Still spawned a third sequel, Dead Rising 3, for the Xbox One. But that's onto eight generation consoles. Look at Infamous, same pattern. I don't see you saying that Infamous 2 ended the franchise. What if MS announces Crackdown 3? They were indeed teasing it before this generation started.

Of course this comes on the misreading of Heavenly Sword, but still. I've explained how you were hatin' on Crackdown already (yet you seem to keep on this line), and I've explained how someone else misread Heavenly Sword too (despite you saying "no one else; don't rub your failures etc etc etc"); so this is were we stand.

And you never got to reply to my other post, on which I asked if Ps3 had some exclusive space flight simulator like Star Fox, which 360 does have. The variety between consoles isn't that drastic as some people say. 360 does have the problem that their three last years of life are nothing in comparison within its four first years of life, but still, the games are there.

I do agree with you that losing Mass Effect exclusivity was bollocks.

bobgamer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
bobgamer said:
Wright said:

Hatin' on Crackdown but points out Heavenly Sword as quality.

Yeah.

They are both prett bad imo.

But Crackdown actually has a fanbase for some reason, and Heavenly Sword has zero :P

ur opinion yes. heaveny sword manged around 1.5m. thats not even close to 0. 

Sorry, i may have exaggerated, i meant that we dont see many Heavenly Sword sequels requests while Crackdown teasing on Xbone seems to garner a fair bit of hype. That is what i see and what i would generally consider a fanbase.

And i put a :P there for a reason

srry im on someone elses computer. didn't see the face.

Alan Wake was dope..
Too Human was a really fun game for me but flopped.
Forza, great
Fable
Left 4 dead
Halo
Halo wars
Gears
Kameo
blue dragon
crackdown
infinite undiscovery
prey
lost odyssey
All games I enjoyed. however looks like MS has spotted their issue and are pushing out many exclusives.

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:

So quality is decided by the sales of a game? And that the PS3 had nothing to play other than multiplat games for teh first 2 years is BS that I never understood. WHen they had games like MGS4, Resistance 1 and 2, Vallyria Chronicles, Motor Storm PR, MLB The Show Rachet and Clank, LBP, Naruto UNS, Folklore, GT: Prologe, Uncharted 1, Heavenly Sword etc and those are ALL exclusives so that no game stuff was just something others came up with.

This gen both started strong thanks to multiplat games and both have some decent exclusives so they are pretty much in the same boat right now if you ask me.

quality is not determined by sales, they are a reflection. 

Those were 11 exclusives that came out in the 2 year period following the PS3's release, but most towards the end. Just a few were actually in the first year. MS did release twice as many during that period. 

fps_d0minat0r said:

the quantity is exactly why xbox exclusives sell more. The sales more more concentrated on the xbox exclusives whereas on PS3 they are scattered between more games.

Also just because PS games are not always catered to mass markets, doesnt mean they are worse. Killzone was not anywhere near as accessible as halo (or even multiplats like COD), so it makes sense that less people will play it. Technically though, it is miles ahead.

Claiming that quantity is the reason is inaccurate. Halo 3 sold 10 million copies at a point in the generation when the 360 had more exclusives than the PS3. And Killzone was not at "accessible" as Halo, because it was less of a game. The original KZ was a mediocre game, whereas Halo: CE was a genre defining masterpeice. KZ2 came out well after Halo 3, without split screen multiplayer, and with a fraction of the multiplayer features of Halo 3. To call it 'miles ahead' is to take into account only the graphics of the game, without taking into account that it's easier to make a game shiny when you remove all the overhead of 'features'. 

Jereel Hunter said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

the quantity is exactly why xbox exclusives sell more. The sales more more concentrated on the xbox exclusives whereas on PS3 they are scattered between more games.

Also just because PS games are not always catered to mass markets, doesnt mean they are worse. Killzone was not anywhere near as accessible as halo (or even multiplats like COD), so it makes sense that less people will play it. Technically though, it is miles ahead.

Claiming that quantity is the reason is inaccurate. Halo 3 sold 10 million copies at a point in the generation when the 360 had more exclusives than the PS3. And Killzone was not at "accessible" as Halo, because it was less of a game. The original KZ was a mediocre game, whereas Halo: CE was a genre defining masterpeice. KZ2 came out well after Halo 3, without split screen multiplayer, and with a fraction of the multiplayer features of Halo 3. To call it 'miles ahead' is to take into account only the graphics of the game, without taking into account that it's easier to make a game shiny when you remove all the overhead of 'features'. 

clearly you dont know what accessible means, and its clear when someone talking about killzone can only mention graphics and nothing else, that person hasnt played the game.

if killzone is less of a game than halo because it sold less, then XB1 is less of a console than PS4 because it sold less.... oh wait... it actually is. lol.

I and many others I know prefer xbox exclusives over playstation. Why xbox exclusives are of better quality to us is opinion and preference. I and my friends would never give up xbox for playstation.

Its just preference at the end of the day.

Sony has Virtual Reality so they automatically win.