By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Flamebaiting threads on the forums

Will not work unless there is a unbiased way to control things, certain fanboys get away with a lot more on here.

The joke threads need to go, but i doubt they will.

Around the Network

The forum really needs more mods :/ (or at least more active mods). The currently active mods have been doing a great job, but things have been pretty unpleasant around here recently. You'd have thought this place was hosting an e-penis length competition the way people have been acting P:

Sadly that's what comes from a new generation starting, and it can last a good couple of years before it calms down. Things either need to get tidied up, or watch the forums fall apart as people leave because of the unpleasant attitudes of many members.

morenoingrato said:
vivster said:
Yeah, let's make this into the same boring and generic gaming forum like every other. I don't see how flamebaiting threads are not fun. Actually one of the most fun activities around here is looking at the list of who got banned and for what.

I don't like outrageous claims if they are genuinely believed but sadly those claims won't get you banned on here.
It's basically like this.

Making a joke thread about an outrageous claim --> ban
Being a sincere idiot and making an outrageous claim --> free pass
Making a thread to ridicule the same idiot --> ban

If that is your mindset, you are part of the fun here.

Fixed that for you.

I don't make flame baiting threads, I only tangentially engage in them and I report idiots. The fact that these hardcore fanboys are a cancer doesn't make it less fun to see them making a fool out of themselves.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don't understand what's the big deal with flamebaiting threads. It's just video games. If someone takes this flamebaiting threads personally, there are some other problems....

"I'm sure we can have civilised arguments without jumping at each others throats."
but where is the fun in that? 

Around the Network
BeElite said:
Will not work unless there is a unbiased way to control things, certain fanboys get away with a lot more on here.

The joke threads need to go, but i doubt they will.

no, just no. 

Agree, pretty much any thread about 'doom' or 'death' of some or another is baiting.

As is going into a thread to stir trouble. We have lost some good people this year because of those fans. They are like ticks, they just drain the life out of people and cause disease.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Yes. It is even more annoying when someone search for flamebait article over the web and come here to post it, and when they are pointed out you always read the same answer "What, I've only posted the news/article.".

Not only that but port begging threads need to stop aswell!

remember the good old days when this site was awesome?

...yep, filled with flamebait and joke threads. rolstoppable's hilarity is why i set roots here instead of just pass on through. just sayin'.