By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Flamebaiting threads on the forums

EpicRandy said:

Yes. It is even more annoying when someone search for flamebait article over the web and come here to post it, and when they are pointed out you always read the same answer "What, I've only posted the news/article.".

for some reason this came to mind when i read your the bolded and saw your avatar. 

Around the Network

It is AWESOME.

spurgeonryan said:
bananaking21 said:
"I'm sure we can have civilised arguments without jumping at each others throats."
but where is the fun in that? 

Causing others emotional stress is bullying. In the long run you will regret your old ways, and they bullyee will be scarred for life. Get off your high horse team Sony and have sme regard for others for a change!

if anyone is caused by emotional stress by my posts (or any on the forums) then its their problem not mine. really, nothing on this site should even cause any kind of stress what so ever. if a persons emotions cant take this site, then just dont come visit it. 

You might as well not even try fixing what is wrong with users on this site. It isnt going to stop. Just look at last week with the TitanFall reviews to this week with the Infamous reviews. pathetic attacking each other. Enjoy what you enjoy and stop trying to downplay everything that isnt on your holy plastic box.......NOPE, that is not going to happen when you have specific users that does nothing but spread negativity about an opposing platform. We all know who these people are and no you cant fix it. What you can do is ignore them because i can tell you right now that is way better than let them get to you, after all that is what they want.

This is not a problem with the mods. This is a problem with the community and specific users. And more importantly it is a problem with people giving them attention when they should be avoided. When a user makes a thread that is flaimebaiting, ignore it and it will disappear. IF you comment itn it, it moves right back to the hot topics, so this is a problem with YOU if youre commenting in them.

How do you guys see the following statement its not mine buta good example: very few people care about kinect

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
EpicRandy said:

Yes. It is even more annoying when someone search for flamebait article over the web and come here to post it, and when they are pointed out you always read the same answer "What, I've only posted the news/article.".

for some reason this came to mind when i read your the bolded and saw your avatar. 

XD. thanks for the laugh.

There wS nothing done about that statement,.while is was slander whitout any evidence if it was up to me iwould ban alot of these problempeeps and go back towards the 06/07 time

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Well said indeed.

Let us do the hard work.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

spurgeonryan said:
bananaking21 said:
spurgeonryan said:

Causing others emotional stress is bullying. In the long run you will regret your old ways, and they bullyee will be scarred for life. Get off your high horse team Sony and have sme regard for others for a change!

if anyone is caused by emotional stress by my posts (or any on the forums) then its their problem not mine. really, nothing on this site should even cause any kind of stress what so ever. if a persons emotions cant take this site, then just dont come visit it. 

Stop turning my words around! It is like you are purposefully ignoring what I am saying!

am i causing any emotional stress doing so?

I have no problem with troll threads. As long as they are well made. Horribly done troll threads or troll threads that are blatantly yelling out their opinion, and not appropriately at that, should be reported.

Please don't group "good" troll threads with horrible attempts. Greatness Awaits in some troll threads.