By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS4 Demand Will Outstrip Supply Into the Summer

the thirst....It's real

Around the Network
BeElite said:
Mummelmann said:
Not hard to find in Scandinavia. This sounds a bit over the top, what kind of baseline are they expecting here?

A mill a month easily if not more. 

on a different note, i can swear so many on here were so sure supply would be fullfilled in january, just wait PS4 sales will drop soon enough lmao.

One mill a month even through the usually slow Q2 and Q3? Even the Wii barely reached that level of sales in its first year and that was half the price and appealed to a consumer base that don't follow console gamers' purchasing habbits so closely. One million per month is too high imo, the summer lull will be tough for everyone and there aren't really any huge titles to drive amazing weekly hardware sales, probably until fall/winter.

And he's probably right. Funny how people point out 1 online store or a few local ones and say it's an exaggeration. These places most likely just got more stock and will sell out within a week or two. What House is talking about is having good supply at MOST retailers and ALL countries.

Max King of the Wild said:
kowenicki said:

BS

it wasnt what you said, its how you said it.

Tell that to the MS rep. Didnt say anything that wasnt said by him. I translated one thing by reading between the lines.

Your post contradicts itself... 

If the thread was fine, it wouldn't have been locked. Simple.

So everywhere but Japan and the US it seems. Unless Sony is expecting some strange miracle-like occurrence to happen and make everybody turn into hive-mind and all go out to get the PS4.

Seems like it could happen.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
kowenicki said:

BS

Tell that to the MS rep. Didnt say anything that wasnt said by him. I translated one thing by reading between the lines.

Yet i got permission to remake but I have to act like "i just stumbled upon opened XB1s that may have been converted to bundles" lol.

Blood_Tears said:
All I know, is here in Canada it`s bone dry, even with the price increase.

Pretty much the same here in the UK.

ironmanDX said:
kowenicki said:

BS

Yet i got permission to remake but I have to act like "i just stumbled upon opened XB1s that may have been converted to bundles" lol.

Exactly.

Mummelmann said:

mill a month even through the usually slow Q2 and Q3? Even the Wii barely reached that level of sales in its first year and that was half the price and appealed to a consumer base that don't follow console gamers' purchasing habbits so closely. One million per month is too high imo, the summer lull will be tough for everyone and there aren't really any huge titles to drive amazing weekly hardware sales, probably until fall/winter.

Dont the manufacture need to stock pile throughout the year to have enough during the holidays though?

ironmanDX said:

Exactly.

Exactly, the mod is clueless. Why should I lie to appease you guys? Its well known i work at target and have 100% track record when talking about target. But I have to pretend that I didnt let an MS rep into the stock room, hand him all the XB1s we had and watch him while he converted them into bundles. lol