By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS4 Demand Will Outstrip Supply Into the Summer

BenVTrigger said:
kitler53 said:
BenVTrigger said:
Things were getting better this month.

And they're about to get worse again.

on a scale from A to C...

A being sony won't be providing new shipments for a while

C being demand will increase due to infamous

...what are you hinting at.

A

daft.  i was at least hopeing for a B.

*not directed at you in particular*

...what's sony's problem?!?  WW sales haven't been that high.  you'd think they would have figured out the suppy side of things by now.

Around the Network

I do not like to hear this, does that mean there will be no hardware seller software for long enough for the supply to catch to the demand?

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

kitler53 said:
BenVTrigger said:

A

...what's sony's problem.  WW sales haven't been that high.  you'd think they would have figured out the suppy side of things by now.

Honestly I have no idea. Why haven't they still figured out how to actually get shipments of the camera out?

Frankly I don't think Sony anticipated this kind of demand at all, and are trying to get their shipment chains figured out. I think they believed it would do well, but not that it would shatter records like it has been.

Things should improve but for now we're looking at low shipments at least in NA. I can't vouch for other parts of the world.

Thats what i have expected. Its still sold out in the Netherlands. I'm sure its the same across europe.

BenVTrigger said:
kitler53 said:
BenVTrigger said:

A

...what's sony's problem.  WW sales haven't been that high.  you'd think they would have figured out the suppy side of things by now.

Honestly I have no idea. Why haven't they still figured out how to actually get shipments of the camera out?

Frankly I don't think Sony anticipated this kind of demand at all, and are trying to get their shipment chains figured out. I think they believed it would do well, but not that it would shatter records like it has been.

Things should improve but for now we're looking at low shipments at least in NA. I can't vouch for other parts of the world.

US did seem like it got a massive shipment in March, maybe there just rotating it, hopefully Europe gets a turn next as weve have very little stock in the UK, i know quite a few waiting weeks to get one now. 

Around the Network

Still nowhere to be found up here in Canada.. only seen one on shelves since launch, and my grand plan of waiting until March for Infamous has proved to be the wrong choice on many levels .

It's all about the game.

BenVTrigger said:

I feel like tjat could be said for XB1 too but in different context. NPD will be interesting (i think they will be closer than ever). Question, has MS sent a rep to convert XB1s into bundles at gamestop yet?

lmao at said gamestop employee thinking he knows shit..

when I used to basically have best buy's stock in a BIG ASS CITY at the palms of my hand.. yet they still didn't know any INSIDE info on sony or other companies in terms of re stocking..

some people like to run with their power and act a fool

mM
Xenostar said:
BenVTrigger said:
kitler53 said:
BenVTrigger said:

A

US did seem like it got a massive shipment in March, maybe there just rotating it, hopefully Europe gets a turn next as weve have very little stock in the UK, i know quite a few waiting weeks to get one now. 

Standalone Console: http://direct.asda.com/PlayStation-4-500GB-Console/003724183,default,pd.html 

Max King of the Wild said:
BenVTrigger said:

I feel like tjat could be said for XB1 too but in different context. NPD will be interesting (i think they will be closer than ever). Question, has MS sent a rep to convert XB1s into bundles at gamestop yet?

We do that ourselves, our Reps don't