By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Final Fantasy 15 can easily run on Wii U

This thread is so damn  funny. It gave me many laughs. Thanks, zero!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
VXIII said:

Final Fantasy X has so many things going on for it that can not represented by simple and compressed screenshots.

* The fluidity of animations in XV are unmatched, there is soft animation for almost every element like hair and cloth.

* Dynamic lightning, real-time weather simulation for the clouds, wind and water.

* Battles take place in horizontal and vertical environments,  fighting enemies hanging from tall buildings.

* Destructible objects all around you, even cars will explode if they take enough damage. Environment element can be used to finsh off the enemies.

* warping long distance in a matter of a second.

* so many things going of at the same time, ridicules amount of weapons and skills that can be used on the fly without pausing 

Anyways , I'm probably talking to myself.

Those 2 trailers alone prove that 15 is far ahead of X, IMHO X looks like something that could have fun on the PS3. 15 on the other hand looks MILES! ahead of it.

the more games the better....

Switch!!!

Final Fantasy XIV could...

Does anyone remember this user named lilbroex?

It´s like Zero is his successor.

Around the Network

Well Bayonetta 2 is running at 60 FPS, not sure what FF15 is running at, but it sounds possible if FF15 runs at 30 FPS on Wii U.

Not that I care, not that interested in the game after the quality of the FF13 trilogy.

Leadified said:
It's possible but is it really worth SE's time and money to make a port?

In Japan it might be. If PS4 sales continue to flounder there, the Wii U could end up being the no. 1 home console in that country.

Square finds it profitble to keep Dragon Quest X on Wii U there and only there. A deal to get FF15 and KH3 on the platform are probably still in progress.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Kyuu said:
Judging by the trailer (not silly screenshots) We're having a hard time believing FFXV can run on PS4, let alone on Wii U. There is no way Wii U can run it without major downgrading.

judging by the trailer, wich is full of cgi, the ps4 can't run it either.

theshonen8899 said:
I don't think anyone claims that some modified version of FFXV couldn't run on the Wii U. The problem is that the architecture is so fundamentally different and underpowered that porting it to Wii U would require more resources than they would get back from sales. If it were an x86 architecture console like the Xbox One, porting it would be nearly risk free.

people keep repeating that but that's simply not true.

People should just stop this convinient excuse of talking about wii u's architeture as if it's some unknown alien tech. and also mentioning the others as if they're the same console with no development differences.