By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Final Fantasy 15 can easily run on Wii U

Square probably could probably make a WiiU version of FF15 with downgrades, but it appears they don't have the incentive to make the investment even if it turn a tiny profit in the end. Opportunity cost factors are probably telling them they are better off investing their resources towards DLC or a new game rather than make a WIIU port. So unless you purchase the consoles that FF15 is on you will have to miss out on this game.

Around the Network

This thread. What is this I don't even.

I expect FF XV would need to go through a graphical downgrade of some sort to work on the Wii U. Heck, I'm half expecting a downgrade on PS4 and X1 just because trailers just about always look better than the actual game.

That said, I don't think a downgrade would hurt FF XV that much. XIII-2 was the first Final Fantasy game where I sat back and said, "You know, I don't care if it ever gets better than this" because with the exceptions of some really up-close headshots none of the textures or animations looked washed out.

I'm sure graphic-whores will cry bloody murder, but the graphical differences in a downgraded XV probably won't amount to a hill of beans.

Zero999 said:

that's just wrong. I really don't know if people actually believe those games are superior than wii u titles.

what we've seen from mario kart 8, X, 3d world and bayonetta 2 simply crushes ps3's graphics. it's a visual thing, there's no denying.

How is any of this relevant?

Lets be real here, Wii U could run Final Fantasy 15 with significant downgrades, that much is practically indisputable. The only way it wouldn't be downgraded if it was something like rayman legends and developed on the wii u and up ported. That would hold back the game in general though. It would also be very stupid, I could explain why but you haven't asked why yet.

So assuming this game would be heavily downgraded, why on earth would you want the Wii U version? You would pay 60$ for the shittiest version of the game just because its on the Wii U? Or would you act like it should cost less because it has less content/quality despite the fact that its the console holding the game back not SE. Then when the game sells like shit because it was the worse versions of the game, you're gonna make a thread like "why was SE lazy with FF15 Wii U?" despite the fact that again its the hardware holding it back, you're gonna blame its poor sales on the quality of the port and when SE fails to break even on the Wii U your gonna be like "they shouldn't have ported anyway if they where gonna do a bad job: or "serves them right"

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Zero999 said:
Kyuu said:
Judging by the trailer (not silly screenshots) We're having a hard time believing FFXV can run on PS4, let alone on Wii U. There is no way Wii U can run it without major downgrading.

judging by the trailer, wich is full of cgi, the ps4 can't run it either.

but wii u can xD

with FF15, I don't see why not since the assets look mostly are based on the PS3 to start with, it'd have to run at a lower resolution/FPS with shittier lighting, the major problem is changing the way the game would handle the CPU with the code which is kinda what SE clearly doesn't want to do. The next mainline FF(16?) will look way better than FF15, the problem is not how the games will look IMO, it's how good they will actually be after looking at FF13. Will FF ever get back into the 90s range in overall score again? That's the real question, not how pretty it looks or can it run on something.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:

Proof that Final Fantasy 15 can easily run on the PS2

I'm dying here.

But to be honest, SOTC looks stunning even almost ten years later.

"The fluidity of animations in XV are unmatched, there is soft animation for almost every element like hair and cloth."

if you look at the cgi parts, yes. actual gameplay is normal. check the scene where the blond guy shows up behind noctis to shoot someone.

"Dynamic lightning, real-time weather simulation for the clouds, wind and water."

that's nice but how does it make it impossible on wii u?

"Battles take place in horizontal and vertical environments,  fighting enemies hanging from tall buildings."

So? what's demanding about that?

"Destructible objects all around you, even cars will explode if they take enough damage. Environment element can be used to finsh off the enemies."

All simple stuff. car exploding is super easy to do and we see it all the time.

"warping long distance in a matter of a second."

Another thing incredibly easy to do

"so many things going of at the same time, ridicules amount of weapons and skills that can be used on the fly without pausing "

Like most rpg games.

You clearly have no idea how demanding it is to create a fully interactive environment and dynamic world. The point is, X, which you seem to hold close to your heart, doesn't offer any of that even with much less action going on at the same time as it appears from the footage. 

Anyways, I hope XV would be available on every console, the game is going to be a masterpiece.

gooch_destroyer said:
If you wanna play FF XV so bad; then get it on either PS4 or Xbone.

Dude, thats rude

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6123227

Fusioncode said:
padib said:
Fusioncode said:

Prove it. Show me some evidence that RAM limitiations aren't holding back WiiU games from getting next gen ports. 

Why don't you offer proof of the contrary? I didn't realize AI requires tremendous amounts of RAM? As far as I was concerned, AI is more CPU intensive.

The AI was just one example. The fact that the WiiU isn't getting next gen ports from games like Arkham Knight and Evolve should be proof enough that there technical limitations on the console. If it was truly easy to port a game over from the PS4/XBO without any major downgrades then we would be seeing a lot more 3rd party ports. You really think that the WiiU having 1/4 the RAM of next consoles doesn't make it underpowered? 

Yeah, sure, it has nothing to do with the fact Wii U is selling awfully and third-party games also sell awfully on the system, it's certainly because techincal limitations and nothing else, right?

There are PC games like Crysis 3, for example, which require at least a 1GB GT 520 GPU and some Athlon X2 CPU to run at low, but to max out need something similar to a 3/4GB GTX 680 and an i7 2600k. That's a much bigger difference in power when compared to Wii U/PS4 difference, technical limitations aren't the reason games aren't coming on Wii U.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Zero999 said:

that's just wrong. I really don't know if people actually believe those games are superior than wii u titles.

what we've seen from mario kart 8, X, 3d world and bayonetta 2 simply crushes ps3's graphics. it's a visual thing, there's no denying.

How is any of this relevant?

Lets be real here, Wii U could run Final Fantasy 15 with significant downgrades, that much is practically indisputable. The only way it wouldn't be downgraded if it was something like rayman legends and developed on the wii u and up ported. That would hold back the game in general though. It would also be very stupid, I could explain why but you haven't asked why yet.

So assuming this game would be heavily downgraded, why on earth would you want the Wii U version? You would pay 60$ for the shittiest version of the game just because its on the Wii U? Or would you act like it should cost less because it has less content/quality despite the fact that its the console holding the game back not SE. Then when the game sells like shit because it was the worse versions of the game, you're gonna make a thread like "why was SE lazy with FF15 Wii U?" despite the fact that again its the hardware holding it back, you're gonna blame its poor sales on the quality of the port and when SE fails to break even on the Wii U your gonna be like "they shouldn't have ported anyway if they where gonna do a bad job: or "serves them right"

thats exactly whats going to happen because he refuses to accept that Wii U is not as powerful as he thinks it is, the sad thing is he doesnt even own one.