By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Choose Your Champion: Graphics or Performance?

1080p or 60fps?

1080p 41 35.65%

60fps 73 63.48%

Total:114

60 fps any day

id rather have 240p 60 fps
than 1080p 20fps

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

I don't care at all about framerate, I even played Perfect Dark and all other N64 games in highrez mode and did not notice any slowdowns. 30 FPS is more than enough for me, I even would be happy with a stable 20.

In higher resolution, games look so much better, clearer, and so much more WOW that you want to cry for joy.
With 60FPS they look the same and have nothing special to it. I also prefer PAL in favor of NTSC because of the higher resolution.

I didn't pay hundreds of euros to make that choice.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Depends on the game, but typically I prefer frame rate. Nothing ruins my immersion quite like motion-tear.

Easily perfomance. What is the point of playing  a 1080p game if it runs  like a PowerPoint presentation?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
vivster said:
I didn't pay hundreds of euros to make that choice.

I did. Well, hundreds of dollars, to be exact, but you get the gist.

the_dengle said:
Depends on the game and on the TV you're playing it on. On a 55-inch the value of 1080p is obviously greater than on a 42-inch.

Depends on viewing distance.

I choose good texturing, f* ultra realism, find a real lead artist, and good graphics are not about numbers, be it framerate or resolution.

Depends on the type of game. Luckily, I don't really have to choose.

I like my time quantums as small as possible because it improves hit detection, so framerate all the way.