By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Choose Your Champion: Graphics or Performance?

1080p or 60fps?

1080p 41 35.65%

60fps 73 63.48%

Total:114

60fps? @ what res. 480p? hell naw.
depends on the game/genre.
uncharted 1080p/30fps. hell yeazzz

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network

1080p ... No one wants an aliased mess.

I'd go for 1080p in most cases.

The only type of games that will give you a slight advantage with 60fps is in First Person Shooters, so I pick 1080p. I hardly play FPS anyways.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

This is something developers seems unable to understand for the most part, but performance is more important than graphics. Graphics will not a badly performing game for long. A game that performs well not only looks but feels good.

I think 60fps is essential for platformers, fighters and action games. Just download the trial of Strider on PS3/360 and then compare to the one PS4/X1 versions. Its a worlds difference. A crappy game becomes a good game just like that.

Around the Network

Performance hands down.

I only play rpgs (or jrpgs as the youngins call them) so graphics pweez :D

Thanks jlmurph!

I think this situation is to generalized. Both 1 FPS and 1 P are both unplayable.
But performance generally has a greater bearing on game play then resolution does, assuming they are both at a certain baseline. 10 FPS is generally worse that 300p

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Depends on the game and on the TV you're playing it on. On a 55-inch the value of 1080p is obviously greater than on a 42-inch.

Why not both?