By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 15 March 2014

infamous is going to destroy the charts..

mM
Around the Network

So, as expected, the game has done quite well, however, it has done very little to boost One sales. Using percentages makes it look better, but selling less than 20K when your BIGGEST game of the year (of the gen for some fans) is launching, doesn't really scream system seller to me. It did give it a small bump, though, so that's good.

It is quite interesting that all Sony has to do to combat a huge launch (edit: and price cut) for the One is to get out more stock. Makes me more confident when I say this gen is pretty much cemented.

So with all the hype and it being a system seller titalfall will have bumped up Xbox's salles to about what the PS4 is averaging with suypply constraints for the week? How underwhelming.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

leo-j said:
so the ps4 still outsold the xbox one by a SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT in the UK

Not if VGChartz numbers are correct. Means XB1 outsold PS4 by a SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT.

can anyone give me the VGC estimate for both? to lazy to find the last ones and do the math,

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
DD_Bwest said:
can anyone give me the VGC estimate for both? to lazy to find the last ones and do the math,

XB1: 17,422
PS4: 11,380

DD_Bwest said:

If VGC is correct, and definitely not saying they are, last week the One and PS4 did 8,889 and 6,601, respectively.  This would mean Titanfall week the One rose to 17,422, or by 8,533.  And the PS4 rose to 11,380, or by 4,779.  So yea, the One outselling the PS4 (which is still supply constrained) by a mere 6K, when the One has plenty of stock on shelves, a price cut AND the biggest game for it this year, is not very impressive.

kowenicki said:

bananaking21 said:

@bolded, not sure, thats why i am asking

the numbers are pretty solid. they didnt light the charts on fire, but they are very good numbers, this is also without the 360 release too. with that version sales should be around 200k week one aligned, which is a lot! 

I think solid is a bit measly, they are very very good. 

The Last of Us did 135k.... that was "fucking incredible" here at the time.

you really should tone down the console war mentality, TLoU has nothing to do with this thread, but you just happen to chose it to compare with TF. TLoU is different genre that aims at a different audience, one that is mch smaller than competitive FPS market. 

if you want to compare the opening, compare it with Call of Duty, BattleField, Killzone, Halo, homefront and so on, other FPS that have an online focus. so again, as i said, they are pretty solid and very good.

It baffles me people are still talking about "supply constrained" to justify PS4 selling 10% of what it did for launch weeks across the globe.

Let it go people, let it go.

Dark_Feanor said:
It baffles me people are still talking about "supply constrained" to justify PS4 selling 10% of what it did for launch weeks across the globe.

Let it go people, let it go.

yes ok!