By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Charts Week Ending 15 March 2014

Titanfall huge as expected. Next week can't come soon enough, I want my Infamous ss leading!!

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Yoshi bomba hard.

I dunno, there aren't many handheld games break the top 10 in the UK.

Last year Luigi had stayed in the top 10 for weeks. Opening at rank 10 (which means something like 4K) is terrible for a main Nintendo game, their business in UK must be tanking in serious proportions compared to last year. Even DK did better on its tiny userbase.

Dark_Feanor said:
It baffles me people are still talking about "supply constrained" to justify PS4 selling 10% of what it did for launch weeks across the globe.

Let it go people, let it go.

So Supply > Demand for PS4?

Just saw this for people seeing an increase in PS4 software.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/17/ps4-sales-also-increased-by-74-on-titanfalls-launch-week-in-the-uk-according-to-report/

Titanfall pushed Xbox One sales up quite radically in the UK last week, but according to a report tweeted by MCV UK Editor Christopher Dring, citing “retail sources,” PS4 sales also rose in the UK by 74% last week. The cause for the increase is quite different: Simply enough, supply constraints have been mitigated, allowing those that wanted Sony’s new console but couldn’t previously find one to finally bring it home.

"Xbox One sales jumped 96% last week. But according to my retail source, PS4 sales also rose by 72.4%. That’ll be because some stock came in."

While the source isn’t officially sanctioned, and has to be counted as a rumor, it does make sense, as the console has been made available again last week at several local retailers, including the British branch of Amazon, where it’s still available now on its own.

tm said:
Just saw this for people seeing an increase in PS4 software.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/17/ps4-sales-also-increased-by-74-on-titanfalls-launch-week-in-the-uk-according-to-report/

Titanfall pushed Xbox One sales up quite radically in the UK last week, but according to a report tweeted by MCV UK Editor Christopher Dring, citing “retail sources,” PS4 sales also rose in the UK by 74% last week. The cause for the increase is quite different: Simply enough, supply constraints have been mitigated, allowing those that wanted Sony’s new console but couldn’t previously find one to finally bring it home.

"Xbox One sales jumped 96% last week. But according to my retail source, PS4 sales also rose by 72.4%. That’ll be because some stock came in."

While the source isn’t officially sanctioned, and has to be counted as a rumor, it does make sense, as the console has been made available again last week at several local retailers, including the British branch of Amazon, where it’s still available now on its own.

Posted hours ago. Keep up.

Around the Network

Calm down.

Only one hour when this article was posted. Sometimes people miss things when they have other stuff going on.

Wow, didn't realize PS4 saw such a huge jump as well. Good news for both then.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

ryuzaki57 said:
MikeRox said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Yoshi bomba hard.

I dunno, there aren't many handheld games break the top 10 in the UK.

Last year Luigi had stayed in the top 10 for weeks. Opening at rank 10 (which means something like 4K) is terrible for a main Nintendo game, their business in UK must be tanking in serious proportions compared to last year. Even DK did better on its tiny userbase.

Luigi was a critically much better received game though. It was also boosted by a "buy 2 get 1 free" promotion with which it was pretty much the biggest title in the deal.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

tm said:
Calm down.

Only one hour when this article was posted. Sometimes people miss things when they have other stuff going on.

I'm completely calm, just check the thread before posting stuff like that.

Dark_Feanor said:
It baffles me people are still talking about "supply constrained" to justify PS4 selling 10% of what it did for launch weeks across the globe.

Let it go people, let it go.

Lol, of course sales will go down from launch week, they always do.  But, even though you deny it, the demand HAS NOT been met, yet.  Otherwise, it would not continue to sell out, even with Sony shipping more consoles than any other launch in history.