By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSP vs GBA, can Sony do the impossible??

??

YES 163 50.62%

NO 113 35.09%

What about Virtual Boy (see results) 45 13.98%

Total:321
Sharu said:
When I've read 'can Sony do the impossible' I first thought the topic is about Sony to be profitable again...

No no thats easy, sell everything. You will turn a profit, if only for a year

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Yea. Though it's not really that impressive of a milestone when in the end Sony does in 10 years what Nintendid in 4.

Impressive that sony can make a console that people want for more than ten years. 

but gba has great games

aviggo77 said:
but gba has great games

and the PSP doesn't?

ImmortalHelixFossil said:
MohammadBadir said:
Yea. Though it's not really that impressive of a milestone when in the end Sony does in 10 years what Nintendid in 4.

It's kinda impressing that Sony still supports their portable console's

Yes, Playstation always gets long support which is the good thing from Sony.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
PSP has already outsold one of the Gameboy versions. Dunno why GB and GBC are lumped together on wiki because they're not the same generation. Might aswell throw in GBA too.

It doesn't:

Units sold Worldwide: 118.69 million (including Game Boy (Play it Loud!), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Light and Color units)
Game Boy: 87.66 million
Game Boy Color: 31.03 million

So contrats to Sony on the PSP outselling a Nintendo Portable which happened about 2007/8?

Also of note, the fifth generation was the only one where a Nintendo home console outsold its handheld, N64>GBC.

Nintendo 'lumps' the GameBoy and the GameBoy Color together as well. It's simply because it's technically the same console, but in color. On the Nintendo site, the only consoles that have a picture with two systems on it are the GameBoy and the DS.
The GameBoy Color is to GameBoy what the DSi is to DS; only the difference in the first is obviously more obvious which is why it looks like it's a different console (black-white/color in GB's case vs. no-internet/internet capabilities in DS case).
Also, GBA was discontinued in 2006 in Japan and 2008 in America.

Anyway at OP, PSP might make it, with a little over a million to go, problem is that PSP slowed to a crawl now so it could still take awhile.

holy hell, I always considered the PSP a failure (maybe that's a strong word. Maybe "did bad" is the right word).....but I guess that's just because the DS styled all over it. I didn't realize it sold 80M and is about to outsell the GBC

iceland said:
aviggo77 said:
but gba has great games compared to psp

and the PSP doesn't?

now!

lets face the truth psp sold well cause smart phones were not big then.

I used to use my PSP far more for watching videos and music and emulators then psp gaming.

VITA on the other hand just can't take a break with the great game line up it has.