By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This weeks numbers

Maybe its just cuz the people dont want wii no more

StOCKPILING- sttz just excuses

^_^

Around the Network

Ah, japanese numbers are in. No big surprise here. Japan numbers make the gap for worldwide sales to the PS3 a little bigger.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
dgm6780 said:
stockpiling is the dumbest theory out there. why would they stockpile? why does nintendo care if they sell the console today rather then in 2 weeks when Brawl comes out? maybe they want a really big number that one week so they can brag on vgchartz??? A console sold is a console sold. They sell out as soon as they come in - so IT MAKES NO SENSE to hold them back.

More likely then stockpiling is that Nintendo is having some probelms making the damn things.

Stockpiling isn't completely useless. If people buy a console in the week of a big release, they most likely will buy that game too. If the people waiting for Brawl can't get a Wii, they will buy nothing of the two. So selling a Wii this week means revenue for Nintendo for the Wii, but selling it in the week of SSBB means revenue for the Wii AND SSBB.

The guy that goes to eb games to buy Brawl + Wii ,on whatever day its supposed to release on, is still going to buy Brawl + Wii. 

He will still be buying it as soon as Nintendo can offer one for sale.  The things sell as soon as they hit the shelves.  Retailers holding back a product they KNOW will sell immediately just so Nintendo can have a

great big mario fantastic special sunshine day extravaganza is ludacrious.  So you are saying that Nintendo is holding

inventory from retailers, right? They want to delay making money? Get real! Nintendo should be thankful 

retailers havent punched up prices in the

store when demand /= supply 

I would like to thank the Opera browser/this website  for driving me insane with the formatting of this post 

Mnementh said:
twesterm said:
Mnementh said:

I was already wondering about the european numbers and the big drop in Wii sales there: thread about this. But now are american numbers in, and there the Wii is on the last place, even behind the PSP. What's wrong? Is Wii a fad or are there growing piles of Wii's in storages for the Smash-release?

The second interesting thing is, that the PS3 managed to outsell X360. In the USA!

The tense is growing: what will happen in Japan?

I'm so sick of people automatically saying that the Wii is a fad if it didn't outsell everything else or didn't sell an insane number of units.

Even if you don't think it's a fad the fact that you still list it is just stupid.

I listed the fad as a joke. A single week doesn't let me believe the Wii is a fad. But it was so constantly said, that I cannot other to say it on this weeks numbers.

Question. Edited for content:

Good sir, would you be kind enough to enlighten me. Were you born of mental defect? Your sentences make no sense, you seem to talk out your ass, you are unable to deduce the obvious without making a post about it, and you fail to mark your sarcasms with /sarcasm.

I deduce you are either mongoloidian, or speak English as a second language. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

DMeisterJ said:
@ twesterm

Chill... he was joking. Look at his sig

On topic:

I can't believe that the PSP beat the Wii... that's just...

Ok, Banana is your new "danger" word for "stfu your being a passive-agressive fanboy douche."

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Good sir, would you be kind enough to enlighten me. Were you born of mental defect? Your sentences make no sense, you seem to talk out your ass, you are unable to deduce the obvious without making a post about it, and you fail to mark your sarcasms with /sarcasm.

Wow, you're able to reason logically that I'm a German.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Wow, you're able to reason logically that I'm a German.

Thought so, lol, you might be suprised that you can speak English much better than a lot of Americans and Europeans, but still, sometimes the way you write can be taken in more than one way, and it's meaning isn't immediately obvious.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Thought so, lol, you might be suprised that you can speak English much better than a lot of Americans and Europeans, but still, sometimes the way you write can be taken in more than one way, and it's meaning isn't immediately obvious.

Hmm, if I speak better than some Americans, than they speak very bad. My foreign language-skills aren't the best.

Its pretty simple.

Nintendo are throttling their shipments to *exactly* hit their fiscal year targets for the Wii.

Extra units will go into storage - for whatever reason, they want extra units in Japan (on a run - keep it going?) - and its US/Europe to suffer in the short term.

Once the new fiscal year hits (start April) sales will explode - just in time for WiiWare, Mario Kart, WiiFit (Europe), and so on.

Its all very much planned in advance and intentional.

...so why would they do this? Its too late to bump forecast figures up - and it would make minimal difference to share prices (and so on).

Instead - save up an extra 1m (or how ever many) units - and this allows them to crank up their next year fiscal figures up even more (i.e. make them seem even more impressive).

How much of an impact on the industry would it make if Ninty predict next year Wii shipments at something like... 30m? What about 40m? (30m is *definitely* possible - its only 2.5m / month!).

Answer - it would be absolutely massive, and changes everything. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:

Its pretty simple.

Nintendo are throttling their shipments to *exactly* hit their fiscal year targets for the Wii.

Extra units will go into storage - for whatever reason, they want extra units in Japan (on a run - keep it going?) - and its US/Europe to suffer in the short term.

Once the new fiscal year hits (start April) sales will explode - just in time for WiiWare, Mario Kart, WiiFit (Europe), and so on.

Its all very much planned in advance and intentional.

...so why would they do this? Its too late to bump forecast figures up - and it would make minimal difference to share prices (and so on).

Instead - save up an extra 1m (or how ever many) units - and this allows them to crank up their next year fiscal figures up even more (i.e. make them seem even more impressive).

How much of an impact on the industry would it make if Ninty predict next year Wii shipments at something like... 30m? What about 40m? (30m is *definitely* possible - its only 2.5m / month!).

Answer - it would be absolutely massive, and changes everything.

Interesting perspective.  I don't buy it yet but I have to admit there is some sound reasoning there and it can't be ruled out entirely....I just don't buy it yet is all.

There is no doubt this is going to be another interesting year!

To Each Man, Responsibility