By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Industry not dead after all - PS4, One, WiiU all undertracked! (NPD)

Wonktonodi said:
jlmurph2 said:
episteme said:

Good news, NPD results are usually disappointing for Wii U and X1.

But the Wii U will have a hard time until MK8 releases.

Huh? Xbox One had a bad January and thats it. How is that "usually disappointing"?

This is the first time vgchartz has under tracked the Xbox one.

That doesnt make Nov or Dec disappointing though. 900k is amazing actually.

Around the Network

Well that is nice. Undertracked is always nicer than overtracked.

jlmurph2 said:
Wonktonodi said:
jlmurph2 said:

Huh? Xbox One had a bad January and thats it. How is that "usually disappointing"?

This is the first time vgchartz has under tracked the Xbox one.

That doesnt make Nov or Dec disappointing though. 900k is amazing actually.

some people are dispointed when NPD shows numbers less than the numbers here over the last 3 months they were over by 180,000 before adjustments. It's not about the overal numbers being dispointing since the numbers here aren't bad, it's just that month after people have been finding the numbers not as good as they thought and are dispointed. So obviously NPD being over 100,000 more than the numbers here this month can be considered good news.

NintendoPie said:
Based off of what? This one month?

Hah, don't make me laugh.

And people who say console is doom they are basing of what

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

jamesmarkus87 said:
I still think the industry is doomed.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
pezus said:

PS4: 286k (vgchartz: 202k)
One: 258k (vgchartz: 146k)
WiiU: 82k (vgchartz: 66k)

All undertracked! Let's celebrate the revival of the industry. With Titanfall, inFamous and, slightly later, Mario Kart coming, the industry is only looking up imo

Woot! Woot!!

Whoever said the industry was "dead" in the first place were idiots. Things ALWAYS slow down in Jan., Feb. etc. The first few months of every year are usually the slowest, both for console sales, and for game sales/game releases in general.

Was it ever considered dead?

It was a good month for everyone! The bad sales will be coming in a few months though :/.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

DerNebel said:

I'll just copy what I said in the NPD thread:

"wow this month was a total miss for vgchartz

BTW

NPD February 2007

360: 228,000 (or 161,000 if we want to use its first February)

PS3: 127,000

The industry is dying my ass."

So as several people have been saying: the console decline is completely a Nintendo thing

That was when the 360 and PS3 were still selling horribly.  Wanna throw the Wii numbers up there?  You're comparing it with the sell rates of failing consoles..  That was when developers were threatening  Sony because they were selling less than 100K units a month.   The Wii which won the generation with 100 million sales was selling over 200 000 units a week and almost a million a month.  Yes this is for the same time span, the first month of february after the console launched in december.  

If you compare the PS4 numbers to that right now, its doing absolutely miserably.  Either that or Sony is VASTLY underproducing...  The problem here is that they need not just some sales to support their console, but ALOT of sales.