By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Industry not dead after all - PS4, One, WiiU all undertracked! (NPD)

pezus said:

PS4: 286k (vgchartz: 202k)
One: 258k (vgchartz: 146k)
WiiU: 82k (vgchartz: 66k)

All undertracked! Let's celebrate the revival of the industry. With Titanfall, inFamous and, slightly later, Mario Kart coming, the industry is only looking up imo

the only people that think or want the industry dead are nintedno fans, they think because the nobody wants the wiiu, nobody wants the ps4/X1 so far they are selling much better, pretty amazing considering the X1 price, and how weak both line ups are at the moment, ps4 will easily sell 100 million with the x1 doing around 60-70, big games like batman, the next GTA, and a nextgen COD will make sales explode.

Around the Network
DarkD said:
Kane1389 said:
DarkD said:
DerNebel said:

I'll just copy what I said in the NPD thread:

"wow this month was a total miss for vgchartz

BTW

NPD February 2007

360: 228,000 (or 161,000 if we want to use its first February)

PS3: 127,000

The industry is dying my ass."

So as several people have been saying: the console decline is completely a Nintendo thing

That was when the 360 and PS3 were still selling horribly.  Wanna throw the Wii numbers up there?  You're comparing it with the sell rates of failing consoles..  That was when developers were threatening  Sony because they were selling less than 100K units a month.   The Wii which won the generation with 100 million sales was selling over 200 000 units a week and almost a million a month.  Yes this is for the same time span, the first month of february after the console launched in december.  

If you compare the PS4 numbers to that right now, its doing absolutely miserably.  Either that or Sony is VASTLY underproducing...  The problem here is that they need not just some sales to support their console, but ALOT of sales.  

PS4 is outpacing the Wii significantly ...

yes, it was outpacing the Wii for a couple months because Sony stockpiled the system.  Go back a page, I cover how idiotic your argument is when I replied to someone else.  It's not beating the Wii anymore.  At it's launch it sold like crazy, but supply constraints kept it from selling as much as it could have.  Thus Sony took the record for the first months sales.  However even after the holidays the Wii still sold 1 million a month.  Do you really think the PS4 is selling 1 million a month right now?

Its still ahead of the Wii and dont pretend like the 2013 holiday are gonna be its peak sales. Once the big hitters come out, combined with price cuts, improved OS and apps as well as a good suply, we can see PS4 easly outperforming its 2013 record.

And keep in mind, PS4, unlike the Wii, had no casual hot button, no new, ''inovative'' gimmick like motion controlls, nor did it have any big hitters at launch (like Wii Sports) and its price wasnt nearly as mainstrem as Wii's was (250 vs 400), and its still ahead of the Wii based on  brand power and Sony's comitment to the gamers only. That is a sign that the industry is doing well. Just because Nintendo is failing miserably doesnt mean the whole indsutry is