By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - These resolution wars...

...to any real gamer they are totally cringeworthy.

It is absolutely ridiculous that developers today have to justify what freakin resolution they run their games at. I guess all these so called "elite hardcore gamers" are oblivious to the fact that most "HD" games last generation rendered at sub 600p resolutions.

Most people wouldn't even recknogize the resolution a game renders at. Resolution only accounts for a small part of how well a game looks. What's worse, is that you hardly see any threads about what makes a game really great. It's never about game design or which emotions a game evokes.

The gaming world is filled with idiots.

Around the Network

even there the consoles are behind...

One Mobile To Rule Them All

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

The thing with the resolution war is that the X1 costs $100 more than the ps4 but its under-performing in the same games, so the resolution and frame rates are important cause people that buy the X1 are paying $100 more and it is not being justified... Other than that, yea its pretty useless overall

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Should've tagged Rez HD :O But yeah I agree

I played a 160 × 144 game earlier. It was good.

Around the Network

It's a well known fact that resolution warriors are highly trained Digital Foundry employees.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I agree, it only seems to matter to people that had no interest in the xbox to begin with.

its not that a resolution can ruin a game, its that when you have 2 games that are identical except for resolution, there is a visual difference. To some this matters, to others it does not. And some pretend like it doesnt matter and get super defensive about it.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Then buy a Wii U. You'll get 1080p and 500% of gameplay/game design/emotions.

Xenobot said:
Then buy a Wii U. You'll get 1080p and 500% of gameplay/game design/emotions.

This. Why shouldn't people worry about what their Next-Gen console can do?