By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - These resolution wars...

NintendoPie said:
I'm sorry, but you are so wrong. It's impossible for me to play any game that doesn't have 1080p resolution. It completely takes me out of the gaming world. It's not like the gameplay really matter, not even the story telling. If I can tell the game isn't running at 1080p, then I don't care.

That's what I would say if I wasn't a "real gamer", by your standards.

Looks like we are not "real gamers" lol. I do not think a game absolutely has got to be 1080p to be a great game but to say it does not matter and we should not expect 1080p with the PS4/One is beyond me

Around the Network
rolltide101x said:

Looks like we are not "real gamers" lol. I do not think a game absolutely has got to be 1080p to be a great game but to say it does not matter and we should not expect 1080p with the PS4/One is beyond me

Oh, you actually took that seriously?

Anyhow, I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment that resolution doesn't matter, but 720p is definitely fine for me. Heck, I was okay with 480p on the Wii. However, I can see where you're coming from. It's becoming the standard for this generation.

Too_Talls said:
Well it is annoying when you see the disappointment in the resolution output comments coming from people who were against xbox before the redo-gate started. we're talking early nov and before it. If you lurked you know who they are and now they act as if xbox would interest them IF ONLY, the xbox one would just render native 1080p regularly. Same people are disappointed in titan fall for various reasons unrelated to the real reason which is the fact that it isn't on the ps4.....

Yea stuff like that is annoying......

List for me to get an Xbox One

Scratch Kinect, 1080p becomes standard, get some quality exclusives, and get it to 200-250$

None of these are true yet so no Xbox One for me yet

Also I have no interest in Titanfall, Battlefield is the only way to go for online FPS games (Besides Killzone 2 and 3)

The price (or value) of a console is not determined solely by it's power or resolution. Some people forget that, or were too oblivious to ever realize it.

NintendoPie said:
rolltide101x said:

Oh, you actually took that seriously?

Anyhow, I don't necessarily agree with the sentiment that resolution doesn't matter, but 720p is definitely fine for me. Heck, I was okay with 480p on the Wii. However, I can see where you're coming from. It's becoming the standard for this generation.

lol apparently my sarcasm rader is not working

Around the Network

Even though I agree with OP, I find it puzzling that we were promised full HD in the 7th gen and we still haven't gotten it 8-9 years later.
That said; I'm much more concerned with framerates, console games have a tendency to run very poorly.

Mummelmann said:
Even though I agree with OP, I find it puzzling that we were promised full HD in the 7th gen and we still haven't gotten it 8-9 years later.
That said; I'm much more concerned with framerates, console games have a tendency to run very poorly.

Agreed I mean come on now its 2014...Realism should be astounding at this point..

Mummelmann said:

Most every game on the PS4 is "full HD" so if you have a PS4 you have gotten it.

Awesome!!!

Resolutiongate means nothing to me, i still marvel at some Gamecube games. If it looks good enough and is super fun to play, them im a happy gamer.