By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Xbox One Will Catch Up To Playstation 4 in Performance.

the reaction in this thread should tell you something jega.

OT: people who dont have any knowledge of a subject shouldnt be making threads like this (unless its asking for infornation on the subject)

thread should be ridiculed then locked

Around the Network

Awesome thread! lol!!!

vivster said:
Please be a joke thread, please be a joke thread, please be a joke thread, please be a joke thread, please be a joke thread.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET THIS BE A JOKE THREAD!

This thread is the real deal.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Jega said:
Euphoria14 said:
Jega said:
Euphoria14 said:
Oh boy... just, wow... uhhh, yeah, is this serious?

Please tell me this thread isn't serious.

I'm serious.

It took me sometime to make this thread. I had to make sure the information was accurate and fair.

The information isn't accurate though.

What is not accurate about it?

You can't just add the memory speeds together for the XBone and expect anyone to take you seriously.

Euphoria14 said:
vivster said:
Please be a joke thread, please be a joke thread, please be a joke thread, please be a joke thread, please be a joke thread.

Flashbacks from misterxmedia's blog.

Around the Network

MisterXmedia, is that you?

Euphoria14 said:
Jega said:

You are just not getting it. Without the memory the GPU is useless, and visa versa.

Yes, but the PS4 has the better GPU and the better Memory.

Exactly lol... And talking about 32mb of eSRAM

http://gamingbolt.com/c4-engine-may-be-ported-to-xbox-one-but-dealing-with-esram-will-be-unfortunate-in-this-generation

Its causing nothing but problems for engines... 32mb is tiny... Please realize this.. its 8GB of GDDR5 vs 8GB of DDR3 in the end.

Euphoria14 said:
vivster said:

If this thread is for real I will request a ban for this line

"That equals to a combined speed of 256GB/sec for Xbox One and 176GB/sec for the Playstation 4."

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

FlamingWeazel said:
Jega said:

You are just not getting it. Without the memory the GPU is useless, and visa versa.

I realise that, but fast memory does not offset a weaker gpu period. It just causes a bad bottleneck, and the x1 has worse memory setup as well, only making it worse.  You could put the worlds fastest nasa ram in x1,m the gpu would still cause it to lag behind, a system is only as fast as its slowest part... Nothing any magic can do to make the x1 gpu process better then the ps4's, or even near as close. Ps4 has faster unified ram, so it's a moot point anyway.

As I stated the PS4 has a faster GPU.

BUT

You are looking at it from the opposite direction than I.

You are looking at the speed of the GPU while I am looking at the speed of the memory. 

For example if the the Memory in the PS4 allows just 2 million pixels but the PS4 GPU can generate 8 million Pixels, just for an example,

the full power of the GPU will not be used.

Hence it doesn't matter how fast a GPU is if you can fit all that power into the memory.

I leave Superchunk's baseless rant just to walk into this one. What is wrong with this site today?