By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Titanfall Review Thread: Metacritic 86

FlamingWeazel said:
Krill said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Ronster316 said:
More posts in here made by Pro/Favour Sony (and alleged PC gamers) fans than Pro/Favour Xbox fans.

Sad state of affairs really.

Is the wait for infamous really hat bad?

87 for a multiplayer only game......... pretty damn good if you ask me.

It was not sony fans who proclaimed it game of the generation or the game that will change FPS forever or make x1 sell like crack.  So this was kind of expected,. no way was it living up to the hype.

From my experience of the beta, and the reviews that I have read so far, it has already delivered on the hype that was built around the game at E3.  Plus we already know they will be releasing updates to improve the game after release.  

I wish it was out on PS4 as well.  It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if someone who had chosen a different platform got to play the game as well.  I'm sure there wouldn't be a fraction of the criticism being directed at the game from people owning PS4's if that was the case.

It has not come close to the hype, its a good game, but it really isn;t anything new and for a MP game only is lacking in modes, or anything to really distinguish it from the plethora of other MP games. HEck some games that have SP has as big if not more robust MP. PS I played the beta on origin. It's not going to have near the impact MS wanted.

This is a smaller development studio going up juggernauts games like Halo, Battlefield & Call of duty. The fact that Titan Fall is be compare to these games is living up to the hype. Go play Killzone, COD: Ghost and Titan Fall and tell me which MP experience feel more fresh and new.

Around the Network

Mid 80s seems about right for an online only game with some performance issues.

I'm not sure how many games of the generation have mid 80s averages though so there will probably be at least one disappointed person on here.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Honestly I'm surprised the scores are so low in comparison to the truly unwarranted hype of this game. MS and EA are really pushing hard to outdo Sony/ACTI with this game. However, it is nothing but recycled mechanics, lack luster visuals with better balance of mechanics than the other games it is ripping off. Its still a very vanilla game, maybe french vanilla with just the right amount of sprinkles. The is no reason this game should score so high above COD Ghosts at all except for the hype train just like MW2 which was the worst of the series IMO. However, ACTI and MS did the same thing there for hype that is being done now. The only revolutionary idea was implementing horrible AI bots into a FPS game. That hasn't really been done at this level before. This should be disgraceful to any HxC FPS gamer. Sure killing bots makes you feel like a pro, but causes the competitive side of the game to be completely illegitimate all together. Hence To, the game is an illegitimate competitive FPS and really deserves no better than an 80 score. I mean heck I love the dynasty warriors series, but there is good reason it doesn't normally get high scores as a co-op or SP game. Why does adding that same easy to kill bots in a competitive shooting game cause such an effect that people think its "revolutionary" or "next-gen" by any stretch of the imagination. The only competitive shooter in recent years that was truly close to either of those terms was Dust 514.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Good reviews.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

osed125 said:

Some people will be disappointed by those reviews.

Definitely. After all the downplay and hopes it seems to get quite good reviews.

Around the Network

Damn, I've got to say, after all the hype and treating this game like the second coming, I'm very surprised it didn't hit at least 90. Quite disappointing if I'm being honest, especially with how much MS has riding on this. 

walsufnir said:
osed125 said:

Some people will be disappointed by those reviews.

Definitely. After all the downplay and hopes it seems to get quite good reviews.

I actually think the people disappointed with this will be the ones that were hyping it up. We all knew the game was going to be reviewed well, but all the hype would have let you to believe it'd have hit at least 90. The fact that it didn't is quite surprising, and probably disappointing to those who actually ate all of MS BS about this being some revolutionary second coming of christ. 

Krill said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Krill said:

From my experience of the beta, and the reviews that I have read so far, it has already delivered on the hype that was built around the game at E3.  Plus we already know they will be releasing updates to improve the game after release.

I wish it was out on PS4 as well.  It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if someone who had chosen a different platform got to play the game as well.  I'm sure there wouldn't be a fraction of the criticism being directed at the game from people owning PS4's if that was the case.

It has not come close to the hype, its a good game, but it really isn;t anything new and for a MP game only is lacking in modes, or anything to really distinguish it from the plethora of other MP games. HEck some games that have SP has as big if not more robust MP. PS I played the beta on origin. It's not going to have near the impact MS wanted.

Obviously we have very different views about the game, so this is one where we can agree to disagree.

Maybe XBox fans favour and see more value in mp whilst Sony fans favour sp.  The problem with that for Sony is once the single player gets finished, the game will probably get traded and that will be one sale less for the developer.  I like most single player parts of a game, but it's only to hone my skills for the mp where I spend 90%+ of my time with the game.  

So why wereCOD's the top-selling games on PS3?

Krill said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Krill said:

Obviously we have very different views about the game, so this is one where we can agree to disagree.  

Maybe XBox fans favour and see more value in mp whilst Sony fans favour sp.  The problem with that for Sony is once the single player gets finished, the game will probably get traded and that will be one sale less for the developer.  I like most single player parts of a game, but it's only to hone my skills for the mp where I spend 90%+ of my time with the game.  

Please post where sony said they are never making a MP game again?? There are too many MP shooters already, Sony knows this, destiny will make everyone for get Titanfall.... Sony knows not every game needs shoe horned MP.

Last of US had better MP then any 360 FYI. Battlefield, Planetside, COD, Killzone, destiny, Deep Down, Ff14..already a glut of MP games on PS4...  Just to name a few. There is not shortage of Mp games on ps4, so sony has nothing to worry about.

walsufnir said:
Krill said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Krill said:

So why wereCOD's the top-selling games on PS3?

CoD has an MP mode, with plenty of maps, an SP mode, a third horde style mode, it has splitscreen as well. I'd say that's a lot more value than what Titanfall delivers. To to think they actually want to sell this for 60 bucks, lol. Don't get me wrong, it'll sell, but personally I think I'll wait till it hits 40 or so

yvanjean said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Krill said:
FlamingWeazel said:
Ronster316 said:
More posts in here made by Pro/Favour Sony (and alleged PC gamers) fans than Pro/Favour Xbox fans.

Sad state of affairs really.

Is the wait for infamous really hat bad?

87 for a multiplayer only game......... pretty damn good if you ask me.

It was not sony fans who proclaimed it game of the generation or the game that will change FPS forever or make x1 sell like crack.  So this was kind of expected,. no way was it living up to the hype.

This is a smaller development studio going up juggernauts games like Halo, Battlefield & Call of duty. The fact that Titan Fall is be compare to these games is living up to the hype. Go play Killzone, COD: Ghost and Titan Fall and tell me which MP experience feel more fresh and new.

I played the beta on origin, it played a lot like COD...mechs were not new and are just a  reskinned vehicle. huge maps vehicles and destruction of BF4 are still more imnpressive then Titanfall imo.