By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Titanfall Review Thread: Metacritic 86

So it's ending at the 85-90 range, right where I thought. Nothing groundbreaking but a solid score and it looks like the game is going to be very fun.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:

More posts in here made by Pro/Favour Sony (and alleged PC gamers) fans than Pro/Favour Xbox fans.

Sad state of affairs really.

Is the wait for infamous really that bad?

87 for a multiplayer only game......... pretty damn good if you ask me.

Most of them are in the Xbox Nation thread, no point in participating in other threads when your going to have people try to shit on anything MS. 

Fusioncode said:
So it's ending at the 85-90 range, right where I thought. Nothing groundbreaking but a solid score and it looks like the game is going to be very fun.

Very good prediction here :)
Look, I also predict that after rolling 2 set of dice 50 times in a row (6 sided) I will end up getting more 7 than any other total... I'm that good!

Seriously tho, this is a good score for an online only game; I did not expect to be close to 90.

Cj2i3 said:
Wow, some of you put way to much emphasis on Metacritic as if it was an objective measuring tool to whether a game is good or bad. Metacritic is subjective, hell video games are subjective and there is no way for you to prove whether TitanFall is a good game or a bad game. Metacritic is only stating that the general consensus enjoys the game and there's a high chance you will also enjoy the game.

I just love the fact how some are acting as if this is the best or worst game ever based on it's metascore. Anyway I'll,be playing TitanFall on my PC enjoying every minute of it, unless it turns out I don't like it.

I'd say Metacritic is one of the few constants in an industry with many variables when it comes to perceived quality/fun. Ive yet to see a bad game do good or a good game do bad on metacritic, mixed games are also slotted accordingly.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Good reviews, settled in the range I thought it would.

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Fusioncode said:

Very good prediction here :)
Look, I also predict that after rolling 2 set of dice 50 times in a row (6 sided) I will end up getting more 7 than any other total... I'm that good!

Seriously, this is a good score for an online only game; I did not expect to be close to 90.

Thanks, I'm something of a wizard. Maybe one day I'll teach you my secrets. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

The gamespot review comments are sickening.....more hate then gamers, accusing GS of being bribed for giving a 9.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Nem said:
ronco2000 said:
What?? No points off for no single player for a $60 game!!!!!

They dont pay for their games. They dont care.

That is a decision for the consumer.

Besides, these reviews are dubious for a game that is online only and whose servers just opened up. Reviews based on beta? yup.

FlamingWeazel said:
Krill said:

From my experience of the beta, and the reviews that I have read so far, it has already delivered on the hype that was built around the game at E3.  Plus we already know they will be releasing updates to improve the game after release.  

I wish it was out on PS4 as well.  It wouldn't bother me in the slightest if someone who had chosen a different platform got to play the game as well.  I'm sure there wouldn't be a fraction of the criticism being directed at the game from people owning PS4's if that was the case.

It has not come close to the hype, its a good game, but it really isn;t anything new and for a MP game only is lacking in modes, or anything to really distinguish it from the plethora of other MP games. HEck some games that have SP has as big if not more robust MP. PS I played the beta on origin. It's not going to have near the impact MS wanted.

Obviously we have very different views about the game, so this is one where we can agree to disagree.  

Maybe XBox fans favour and see more value in mp whilst Sony fans favour sp.  The problem with that for Sony is once the single player gets finished, the game will probably get traded and that will be one sale less for the developer.  I like most single player parts of a game, but it's only to hone my skills for the mp where I spend 90%+ of my time with the game.  

ronco2000 said:
What?? No points off for no single player for a $60 game!!!!!

Really single player mode again... I'm going to play over 150 hours of Titan Fall. $60 + 25$ DLC pack + titan fall controller $65 = $150. That’s going to be less than 1$/hour. There nothing to play for a while; I'm definitely going to get my money’s worth.